Books for pediatric cardiology rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DoctorWannaBe

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting Peds cardiology soon and am looking for a good book or website to study from. I've seen the Pediatric Cardiology Handbook by Myung Park...is that a good book? Any other recommendations?
 
I'm starting Peds cardiology soon and am looking for a good book or website to study from. I've seen the Pediatric Cardiology Handbook by Myung Park...is that a good book? Any other recommendations?

Thats the book. Should be a good reference for just about anything in pediatric cardiology. Good luck, it's a fun rotation. 😀
 
Completely agree...the Park book is all you need. Also, know the steps to reading a peds EKG.

Cards is awesome and a great rotation; hopefully you are somewhere that will give you inpt and outpt stuff to give you a complete picture on what a cards life is like!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The best rotation in med school!!

Crazypeds is right on - I would recommend "How to Read a Pediatric EKG" by same author (Myung Park)
 
Agree with comments posted above. There is also a nice web-site that you can use- pted.org. The site has diagrams and explanations of virtually all types of congenital heart defects that you will see during the course of your rotation. I finished my own Peds Cardiology rotation last month, and found this site to be extremely valuable. Good luck!