Books for white coat/pocket pc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radonc78

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to start my radonc residency. Just wondering which books would be useful to keep in my white coat pocket. I also have a PDA, any advice on good programs/resources to download? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm about to start my radonc residency. Just wondering which books would be useful to keep in my white coat pocket. I also have a PDA, any advice on good programs/resources to download? Thanks

Hands down, the best one to get is "Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology" by Eric Hansen.

I heard there is a condensed version of the beaumont notes on pda circulating around....is that true??

Members don't see this ad :)

I really like the TNM staging applet for my Palm. I'm not sure if they have one for Pocket PC, though. You can download it from the USC rad onc dept website. Since it is kind of obscure and difficult to find, you can follow this link.

http://radonc.usc.edu/USCRadOnc/Downloadable/PalmOS/TNM.html

speaking of books, my library is getting rid of a couple. What would be better to buy, a 2004 Perez text or a 2004 Liebel text? I hope I am not invading this post but I didn't think this was worth a new post altogether. Thanks

liebel. perez is best for fields and those are being out of date.

speaking of books, my library is getting rid of a couple. What would be better to buy, a 2004 Perez text or a 2004 Liebel text? I hope I am not invading this post but I didn't think this was worth a new post altogether. Thanks

There is a new Perez coming out. I would get that and the new Gunderson and Tepper.

frankly you dont need every single text; its harder and harder now in the IMRT era. get one basic text that oyu like. In some books some chapters are weak; in those cases simply borrow from the library other texts.

I never found perez all that useful; the very occasional reference and that was it.

hi, i was wondering what are some good books for 3rd year med students starting out in rad onc rotations? the more basic, the better. thanks in advance!

hi, i was wondering what are some good books for 3rd year med students starting out in rad onc rotations? the more basic, the better. thanks in advance!

search old threads ...every year the same questions pop up and people give the same answers...