Books to prep for first year of DPT program

Started by olagajoch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

olagajoch

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To any of the current DPT student if you could advise me on good books to refresh Anatomy and Physiology for the first year of DPT program I would greatly appreciated. I took both 7 years ago and even though I use some for training people and teaching yoga I think that I need more of a solid foundation to start the school. Any other advice to prepare for the school would be appreciated.
 
Any Netter's Anatomy books are great. His orthopedic book is a helpful for review, small and cheaper than over sized textbooks. I'm not in PT school yet, but anatomy is anatomy and thats what our therapists use at the clinic im at now.
 
Any Netter's Anatomy books are great. His orthopedic book is a helpful for review, small and cheaper than over sized textbooks. I'm not in PT school yet, but anatomy is anatomy and thats what our therapists use at the clinic im at now.

I agree with this!!! We used the large Netter in school and I currently use the smaller concise netter books as reference in my current practice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey do you guys have anatomy all the way through or is it just the first semester?
 
We had anatomy first semester, but it is incorporated into almost every class afterwards. We had the opportunity to serve as anatomy lab assistants the next 2 years (volunteer or paid). Otherwise, no specific anatomy classes after 1st semester.