sandy0477

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hello everyone, I recently matched into PGY-2 PM&R after years of struggle. I did my PGY-1 Gen Surg in 2018 and had a break till now after that. My PGY-2 starts next year and I have some time to kill. I would like to get started on what would be appropriate books for an incoming intern.

1) To form a solid base for PM&R knowledge
2) To handle call days and acute rehab
3) For clinic days
4) For the boards

I appreciate your replies.

Thanks

runfastnow

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2010
My PGY-2 I attempted to read the Braddom PM&R textbook as much as I could - especially for the inpatient rotation diagnoses (SCI, TBI, stroke, amputee, etc.). The book is very dense, but will give you an awesome base of knowledge for PM&R. I know others have done the same with DeLisa textbook and found it very valuable.

Cuccurullo book is great for preparing for boards, but IMO you need a base of knowledge prior to reading.

j4pac

Prior Flight Surgeon PM&R attending guy
15+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
www.med.navy.mil
Learning about neurogenic bowel/bladder would be first priority. That’s half your job PGY-2. In reality...you should have time to learn what you need to know while in residency. Find something fun to do instead of spending free time studying for PM&R.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.