Books!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thrombus

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I need a list of the books I need.

I plan on getting a few of them for graduation gifts.

List your opinions on the best books/latest editions/editions that will be updated soon and not the best to buy now

Members don't see this ad.

we need to burn our med school books first (excluding Robbins).

if not done sooner, we should at least have a bonfire in New Orleans next year at the USCAP meeting.

Both Rosai and Sternberg surg path texts are new this year and probably won't have new editions for another few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thrombus said:
Okay I need a list of the books I need.

I plan on getting a few of them for graduation gifts.

List your opinions on the best books/latest editions/editions that will be updated soon and not the best to buy now

Why don't you want recently updated books? Makes little sense. I'm not aware of any lists of which books will be updated and published xx months/years into the future?.....

However, a candidate would be Chris Fletcher's excellent tome on histopath. Current edition is from 2000, so I would guess - but do not know - that an update might be in the works.

If you're into skin, there's also new editions of Weedon, Lever's and McKee out. But I would suggest a structural examination of your floor before getting them. They weigh an absolute ton! (of course, they're almost entirely redundant unless you go into dermath, but that fact is blissfully ignored here).

Honestly, though, I'd always recommend every resident to get Rosai. Sternberg if you like, but don't think it's essential. And the rest can and should be read when necessary at work.

Listen genius I am trying to find out if anyone has details on books that will soon be out in new editions so I DONT buy the old ones.

Who do you think you are dealing with here? An idiot?

Ahhh. My bad. OK, so apart from Fletcher, most of the Big Books have recently been updated. Have your kin whip out those creditcards.

I'm too poh to buy books now. Must wait for book fund.

cytoborg said:
I'm too poh to buy books now. Must wait for book fund.

I'm taking $1000 to gamble in Vegas in a few days. If I actually win money, I might buy some of these tomes. Bah **** that. I'm waiting for the book fund too.

Thrombus said:
Listen genius

No need to get pissy... PathOne was just trying to clarify and help. I didn't think your original post made much sense either.