1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

books

Discussion in 'Internship' started by jd4540, Apr 26, 2007.

1. jd4540

jd4540 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Haven't done a clinical since Feb, any useful texts worth reviewing inorder to prepare for medicine floor/ICU months?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. werewethere

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The ICU book by Marino is top notch.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yep - Marino's is the standard ICU text. Its a bit big though for a review - you might consider a smaller handbook such as the Cleveland Clinic one for quick reads on the go.

5. elizabeth5863

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hello,

Do you know what's the name of the Cleveland clinic ICU book? I looked at amazon.com and typed in "Cleveland Clinic" but didn't see any ICU books listed. The closest one I found was a general internal medicine review text.

Thanks! :)

6. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    That's because when I'm trying to remember things rather than actually looking them up, I often get them wrong.

Its the Cleveland Clinic handbook of Surgical Patient Management (still a great Book)

and Surgical Intensive Care by the residents at Duke: http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Surgical-Intensive-Care-University/dp/0323011063/ref=sr_1_1/102-1049552-3284111?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179450020&sr=1-1

Although its for SICU, most of the ICU stuff is interchangeable.