books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd4540

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't done a clinical since Feb, any useful texts worth reviewing inorder to prepare for medicine floor/ICU months?

Members don't see this ad.

The ICU book by Marino is top notch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep - Marino's is the standard ICU text. Its a bit big though for a review - you might consider a smaller handbook such as the Cleveland Clinic one for quick reads on the go.

Hello,

Do you know what's the name of the Cleveland clinic ICU book? I looked at amazon.com and typed in "Cleveland Clinic" but didn't see any ICU books listed. The closest one I found was a general internal medicine review text.

Thanks! :)

Hello,

Do you know what's the name of the Cleveland clinic ICU book? I looked at amazon.com and typed in "Cleveland Clinic" but didn't see any ICU books listed. The closest one I found was a general internal medicine review text.

Thanks! :)

That's because when I'm trying to remember things rather than actually looking them up, I often get them wrong.

Its the Cleveland Clinic handbook of Surgical Patient Management (still a great Book)

and Surgical Intensive Care by the residents at Duke: http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Surg...3284111?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179450020&sr=1-1

Although its for SICU, most of the ICU stuff is interchangeable.