Boooo... pre-reqs won't be done for awhile --> no Temple?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alojzia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aw man... I just read that Temple will place you on hold until your pre-reqs are done (meaning, I suppose, that they'll review your app but won't let you in until they see those transcripts?). :(
Now, I'm probably not going to finish my pre-reqs until May '13 (for Sept '13 start date) - is it even worth applying? I would love to go to Temple, my stats are good for them, and I grew up in the area. But... May, dude. What do you all think?

Also, are there other schools that have requirements other than that the pre-reqs just have to be done by matriculation? I've tried searching on here for that, but didn't really get anything except Cornell, which I already knew about.

(I guess this isn't non-traditional-specific, but I'm feeling a little crushed and don't want to deal with young whippersnappers at the moment...)

Members don't see this ad.

I've not heard of a school holding up the admissions process for unfinished prereqs. You have to get them done before you matriculate, in general. I expect whatever you saw hints at the "conditional admission" that everybody receives - you're in, assuming you finish what you said you would.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks. Here's what the Temple website says (here):

If you have not completed the requirements at the time you submit your AMCAS application, your file will be placed on hold until we receive transcripts indicating the final grades from the pre-requisites.

Same answer, DrMidlife? I don't know, "your file will be placed on hold" just makes me nervous.

(NB While the url does have 2008 in it, the page says "Information for 2012 Applicants" at the top.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. I suggest finding last year's Temple app threads, in pre-allo & allo. Somebody's bound to have had a meltdown over this.

The directions are pretty straight forward. Don't apply to Temple.

Now I'm glad I didn't apply to Temple.

There was a meltdown thread in PA about this a few Weeks ago, actually. I am not sure this was ever resolved. I suspect if some one actually calls (hint hint OP) to the office they can get a speedy response.

Sent from my phone