Bootcamp Full Length vs Subject Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Quick question about bootcamp

Say I want to work on my Orgo for the day. Can I click into the orgo section and take any of the 5 practice tests, or any of the Orgo Subject specific tests without intruding on questions from the "Full Length" practice tests? Or are all of the questions going to be distributed between the full length, subject, and subject "specific category" tests. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No. Full Length Practice Exams on BC have the same questions as the exams in the orgo esection. (my mistake when i took them. and i tend to remember answers)

The full lengths tests are the subject practice tests compiled together, so they'll have the same questions.

In my DAT study schedule, I recommend going through all of the Bootcamp practice tests at least twice for review. I updated the study schedule to say that instead of going through the subject practice tests again for the 2nd time, you'll be going through the full length simulation practice tests. This will help you get comfortable with the timing on test day and the overall format of the DAT. There is so much information that needs to be learned for this exam, it's nearly impossible to learn it all on your first go through DAT Bootcamp. That's why I recommend going through it at least twice and knowing how to solve each problem and the concept behind it. It doesn't matter if you can memorize the answer to our questions, what matters is being able to know how to get the right answer on a similar question, by reviewing and learning the concepts behind the question.

Reactions: 4 users
The full lengths tests are the subject practice tests compiled together, so they'll have the same questions.

In my DAT study schedule, I recommend going through all of the Bootcamp practice tests at least twice for review. I updated the study schedule to say that instead of going through the subject practice tests again for the 2nd time, you'll be going through the full length simulation practice tests. This will help you get comfortable with the timing on test day and the overall format of the DAT. There is so much information that needs to be learned for this exam, it's nearly impossible to learn it all on your first go through DAT Bootcamp. That's why I recommend going through it at least twice and knowing how to solve each problem and the concept behind it. It doesn't matter if you can memorize the answer to our questions, what matters is being able to know how to get the right answer on a similar question, by reviewing and learning the concepts behind the question.
Thanks Ari. So to confirm, you suggest just jumping straight into the 5 hour bootcamp practice tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Ari. So to confirm, you suggest just jumping straight into the 5 hour bootcamp practice tests?
It depends where you are in your study schedule. If you're taking the test soon and have already been reviewing and practicing, try taking the full length tests first. If you're just starting to practice, I recommend doing the individual subject tests first so you work through it a little more slowly and can absorb more information.

It depends where you are in your study schedule. If you're taking the test soon and have already been reviewing and practicing, try taking the full length tests first. If you're just starting to practice, I recommend doing the individual subject tests first so you work through it a little more slowly and can absorb more information.
My test is on July 26th. I have a decent amount of time right? There are a FEW things left for me to really nail home for my sciences but other than that I am done "learning" all the material

So lets say in your study schedule you said take,"take DAT Bootcamp General Chemistry Test 1," now if I take that exam will it interfere with the full length exams meaning will I see these same questions on the full length exams. Could someone please provide that answer to if the general chemistry practice test questions are the same as the full length exams or the subject-specific test.

Last edited:
@Alikhan9 Yes, like people have said, if you take the subject test, you will see the same exact questions in the full length. So like if you take "O Chem 1" then for the full length tests you will see the same exact questions from Ochem 1 during Full-Length 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Because on aris schedule it says on day 29 to take gen chem test 1 but then doesnt anybody know any place that has good gen chem test and ochem test to practice i do destoyer questions but i want to test to see where I am? Either cdp or genius

Last edited:
Because on aris schedule it says on day 29 to take gen chem test 1 but then doesnt anybody know any place that has good gen chem test and ochem test to practice i do destoyer questions but i want to test to see where I am? Either cdp or genius

Chads new website does. He has 5 GC dat/oat exams but they're tricky which is good!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Chads new website does. He has 5 GC dat/oat exams but they're tricky which is good!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Is this catered for DAT takers? Seems like more for classes. This puts me into a tough position because you pay 50 each month for chads but could buy both gen chem and oc for 20 dollars thirty days is it any good?

Last edited:
Is this catered for DAT takers? Seems like more for classes. This puts me into a tough position because you pay 50 each month for chads but could buy both gen chem and oc for 20 dollars thirty days is it any good?

I still got coursesaver version of Chad videos.
But chadvideos.com has gc for DAT/OAT. and oc for ACS. If you make an account the quizzes are free. at least i got them for free.
i have no idea about the new chemistry prep videos.

there's also OAT sample test floating around for survey of natural sciences. =D more free practice.

I still got coursesaver version of Chad videos.
But chadvideos.com has gc for DAT/OAT. and oc for ACS. If you make an account the quizzes are free. at least i got them for free.
i have no idea about the new chemistry prep videos.

there's also OAT sample test floating around for survey of natural sciences. =D more free practice.
Are the quizzes different

My test is on July 26th. I have a decent amount of time right? There are a FEW things left for me to really nail home for my sciences but other than that I am done "learning" all the material
Definitely, that's about a month away. People get through it in a week (although I do not recommend that), but a month is a lot of time to take your time and review everything very thoroughly multiple times.