Bootcamp - General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyfaceschoolkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep getting 18's on my gen chem bootcamp exams, I've gone over everything from chad's and destroyer yet am not making 20+'s. My DAT is in 2 weeks, and I'm really starting to worry. Can anyone tell me if they had similar scores and thought the actual DAT was better? I am definitely learning from my mistakes, I noticed that I am mainly getting the concept questions wrong but all the calculation questions right.

Members don't see this ad.

Average was 19 got a 22 on the real thing. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you find many similarities to DAT Bootcamp on your DAT? Also, was there lots of concept questions, or just a few and many calculations? For some reason, I just can't get them down if I've never seen the concept question before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you find many similarities to DAT Bootcamp on your DAT? Also, was there lots of concept questions, or just a few and many calculations? For some reason, I just can't get them down if I've never seen the concept question before.
Honestly I don't remember as it was a year ago, but there was a mix of everything. It was simpler than Bootcamp.

Keep reviewing! 2 weeks is a lot of review time, it'll be a lot simpler than bootcamp or destroyer but there's a huge mix of questions they can pick from. I got 1-2 points above my bootcamp average for GC

My initial average for 5 GC pratice tests was around 18-19. Had to coast through constant self-doubt, but i stayed optimistic. Reviewed them 3 times over a month period, because i'd keep forgetting details and how to do complex calculations on titration & commom ion effect problems (my weak point). I was on the same boat as you are; i was afraid i wouldnt score above 20 on any of my science section, let alone GC. Turns out exactly the opposite has happened. I ended up with 23 on GC. The actual DAT is simpler in terms of wording and detail, but has more conceptual questions than calc based. Make sure you brush up on every concept like pv=nrt, pka pH relationship, Keq in relations to Q, in what conditon a reaction will be spontaneous, redcat an ox etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Last edited: