Bootcamp PAT Generators

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nostalgicfreedom

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I wanted to know if Bootcamp PAT generator creates brand new questions each time or are there like a definite pool of questions (like a 100 or something) that you get a question from. The reason I'm asking is because i don't want to go through all the questions right now because I'm taking the dat next summer, and I don't want to know the questions beforehand (from remembering them).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure there is a bank of questions for each part, and it just randomly picks. I would say that although you might feel like you might remember/memorize answers, there are sooooo many that I think you'd only remember a couple very clearly. Or, you might doubt your memory and you'd have to attempt the problem as if you'd never seen it, so that works too.

tl;dr: I think you'll be fine if you went through the all of the questions from the generators.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm pretty sure there is a bank of questions for each part, and it just randomly picks. I would say that although you might feel like you might remember/memorize answers, there are sooooo many that I think you'd only remember a couple very clearly. Or, you might doubt your memory and you'd have to attempt the problem as if you'd never seen it, so that works too.

tl;dr: I think you'll be fine if you went through the all of the questions from the generators.
Thanks! You're right that I will forget most of the questions. But I'm just paranoid that I'll cheat myself when I start actually practicing, making the practice useless lol. Because I took bootcamp bio 1 test a couple of years ago, and now I seriously regret doing that.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! You're right that I will forget most of the questions. But I'm just paranoid that I'll cheat myself when I start actually practicing, making the practice useless lol. Because I took bootcamp bio 1 test a couple of years ago, and now I seriously regret doing that.
Don't worry, I know there are plenty of questions, and I think for the individual tests 6-10 and the full lengths 1-5, I think it is different questions (not too sure about this though!). Either way, they'll always be presented in a different order and if you practice many many times then maybe you'll start to memorize, but who knows! I think you should be good to go!
I know exactly how you feel about that haha I took the BC test 1 for most subjects in 2015 and I surprisingly remembered about 50-70% of them.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if they repeat the questions, it's good practice for your eyes and brain.

Even if they repeat the questions, it's good practice for your eyes and brain.
Yes that's true, but I don't want to remember most or all of the questions and not have any good practice questions left (since I'm taking the dat next year).

Yes that's true, but I don't want to remember most or all of the questions and not have any good practice questions left (since I'm taking the dat next year).
I always used the generators and even though sometimes for hole punching some of them repeated it's not going to make much of a difference. I did however run out of practice for keyholes and towards the end I just went ahead and did the subject specific test for that

Reactions: 1 users