Dec 31, 2015
Has anyone tried the QR subject specific tests as a study method for QR. I think it would be a wise to go over certain topics and then challenge yourself doing subject specific tests on those topics, as opposed to doing 40 questions of QR with no prior or recent skills to solve 40 questions.

If anyone has tried that please let me know and how you did on the DAT or in general?
Thanks.

Edit:
Also I believe one of the reasons, if not the only reason, most people struggle with QR is because there is no substantial QR review material which people can study and then solve problems using that material. For example for gen chem you might watch Chad's gen chem videos to build up skills to solve chemistry problems. However, I don't believe chad's QR is good because he rushes through the QR and barely explains some things( It sucks from personal experience). Yes destroyer does provide solutions to every problem, but it feels alienating because they are providing a solution which you might not have seen before. It would be better if you studied QR like any other subject then did destroyer, so the solutions won't seem so unusual. Imagine doing destroyer chemistry without reviewing chemistry. Hence, why people most people hate and struggle with QR.

Last edited:

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Has anyone tried the QR subject specific tests as a study method for QR. I think it would be a wise to go over certain topics and then challenge yourself doing subject specific tests on those topics, as opposed to doing 40 questions of QR with no prior or recent skills to solve 40 questions.

If anyone has tried that please let me know and how you did on the DAT or in general?
Thanks.

Edit:
Also I believe one of the reasons, if not the only reason, most people struggle with QR is because there is no substantial QR review material which people can study and then solve problems using that material. For example for gen chem you might watch Chad's gen chem videos to build up skills to solve chemistry problems. However, I don't believe chad's QR is good because he rushes through the QR and barely explains some things( It sucks from personal experience). Yes destroyer does provide solutions to every problem, but it feels alienating because they are providing a solution which you might not have seen before. It would be better if you studied QR like any other subject then did destroyer, so the solutions won't seem so unusual. Imagine doing destroyer chemistry without reviewing chemistry. Hence, why people most people hate and struggle with QR.

Khanacademy is a good start if you are weak. The QR tested on
the DAT covers many topics most of them are covered in algebra and trig courses taken in high schools.

You can find tons of youtube videos that will address the topics you need help with. At the end you need to be able to reason and solve the problem with minimum effort. It's called quantitative reasoning for a reason:).

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I was horrible at qr when I started, my path to learning was

Kbb
Genius
Chads
Math destroyer

Kbb gives you the basics, genius explains things well, Chad shows you some cool tricks, and math destroyer perfects you

Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental

Thanks.

Edit:

ur so right.. i wish there was like a DAT QR text book u can read of just lecture stuff than questions right after on that topic.. specifically for DAT. i hate just doing a bunch of random questions. no structure.

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Math's too random haha you have to learn your basics and I think Khan or Chad's is a good way to review. You do have to do tons of problem and I suppose you could always get stuff you've never seen before. But honestly if you got through Math Destroyer and DAT Destroyer QR section, you'll be exposed to lots of stuff and I think it's worth knowing it all even like The law of sinuses and Pascal's pyramid. In the end you can logically think for some questions and just try to eliminate answers that are impossible. I do see a lot variability with QR.. I feel like it can either be really hard or really easy or that some people prepare in math and others neglect it. :p I've neglected it for my 1.5 months of study (kind of ....I did do some Chad's videos and his quizzes) But then I picked up and I've been doing Math Destroyer every single day for the last 20 days and my math has improved a lot. I'm surprised at how fast I do some things now...and I haven't taken math in more than 3 years.

Anyway good luck! Let's hope for an easy QR section! Just do Math Destroyer and understand how they solve the things. Use it as a learning tool as well. And go oer the problems you got wrong a few days before the exam

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Learn the math ;).
Math's too random haha you have to learn your basics and I think Khan or Chad's is a good way to review. You do have to do tons of problem and I suppose you could always get stuff you've never seen before. But honestly if you got through Math Destroyer and DAT Destroyer QR section, you'll be exposed to lots of stuff and I think it's worth knowing it all even like The law of sinuses and Pascal's pyramid. In the end you can logically think for some questions and just try to eliminate answers that are impossible. I do see a lot variability with QR.. I feel like it can either be really hard or really easy or that some people prepare in math and others neglect it. :p I've neglected it for my 1.5 months of study (kind of ....I did do some Chad's videos and his quizzes) But then I picked up and I've been doing Math Destroyer every single day for the last 20 days and my math has improved a lot. I'm surprised at how fast I do some things now...and I haven't taken math in more than 3 years.

Anyway good luck! Let's hope for an easy QR section! Just do Math Destroyer and understand how they solve the things. Use it as a learning tool as well. And go oer the problems you got wrong a few days before the exam
LMAO "law of sinuses" I can't stop laughing xD! I never cease to be entertained here

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
lololol true. Too much bio on top of math. Also in Romanian (I just realized) it's the same word for sinus and sin....weird haha. So translated it does come out to law of sinuses. I suppose math is still something that I process in my native language

Last edited: