bootcamp qr timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bronco2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do bootcamp problems tend to take longer than problems on the real thing? I am able to figure out most of the bootcamp questions but the problem is I run out of time way to soon. I usually have to guess on atleast 10 but I am averaging around an 18. Do I need to work on my speed or is it normal to not finish on bootcamp qr?

Members don't see this ad.

What I noticed with the Bootcamp QR is that you have to do them in "waves" just like Ari said.
You can't just plug and chug even if you know it. If you can't solve it within 45 secs(estimate it), mark and move on. 1st wave.
2nd wave, do all the marked problems.
3rd wave, do all the ones you skipped(ie couldn't figure out yet)

I got a 22 on the first two with this method, but on the 3rd one, I tried plowing through each problem consecutively, ended up guessing on 5 problems and got a 20.

Hope this helps good luck :)

Thanks that actually sounds like a really good idea I am going to try it. Because when I am guessing I always see a problem I think I could of got quickly if I had the time.

Yes also for the ones you initially skip, make sure to put something down and mark it. Even if you don't know it, so this saves you time in case you do run out. :)