Bootcamp RC vs Real DAT RC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GravityxZero35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys please tell me the real DAT's RC is not as difficult as the Bootcamp one... I know its good practice but I got destroyed on my 1st test (16...)
I feel like there werent a lot of S/D Qs and a lot of is this statement true/are they related type of Qs. Is this representative of the real DAT?
thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

18 my first try, if its tougher than the actual dat im shifting my study focus. Search & Destroy is best imo, maybe try that

I haven't done any RC Bootcamp yet, but I'll tell you from taking the real thing that there can be some passages where S&D will be useless for the most part so be prepared for that.

I haven't done any RC Bootcamp yet, but I'll tell you from taking the real thing that there can be some passages where S&D will be useless for the most part so be prepared for that.

I second that. I did the Kaplan method and got a 19 the first round. Trying my hardest to break that score. Ran out of time using this method. I think I started S&D, didnt work, so I quickly switched to Kaplan method of just skimming and writing down keywords for each paragraph. Kind of a waste of time since you are summarizing each paragraph, but it also gives you an idea where to S&D if you have a keyword to search for.

Some ppl purely do S&D. I guess it depends on how quick they scan and also some ppl have a vague idea where things are at after skimming it quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say they the real one is slightly easier in terms of the questions being more direct.

Guys please tell me the real DAT's RC is not as difficult as the Bootcamp one... I know its good practice but I got destroyed on my 1st test (16...)
I feel like there werent a lot of S/D Qs and a lot of is this statement true/are they related type of Qs. Is this representative of the real DAT?
thanks guys

Real test is known to have more search and destroy than practice tests. Mine certainly had a bunch of them. Bootcamp is still similar though. Don't worry too much about RC. Just practice it when you do full tests. You will get better eventually.