Bootcamp vs Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uhds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aloooooooohaaaaaaa

So which materials for the DAT have you used/will be using/are using? Are you using both or none or one of them? How would you rate them? Any other recommendations for DAT study materials? How do they compare to the real thing? Easier? Harder?

Members don't see this ad.

I would use both. If you look in my DAT breakdown, I talk about them in more detail. Basically they're both great. I started with Achiever (tests 1-6) and then did all of the BC tests. I'd also make sure you use Destroyer because it prepares you for the trickier questions. I'd also use CDP to start practicing PAT when you're not doing Achiever tests since it will teach you the basics. Achiever and BC will help you fine-tune your strategy to do well.

Bootcamp is the closest to the actual difficulty, but I still found the real DAT easier. I think Achiever is overkill, but I think it does a really good job at getting you ready for a high stress scenario, which the DAT could be.

I would use both. If you look in my DAT breakdown, I talk about them in more detail. Basically they're both great. I started with Achiever (tests 1-6) and then did all of the BC tests. I'd also make sure you use Destroyer because it prepares you for the trickier questions. I'd also use CDP to start practicing PAT when you're not doing Achiever tests since it will teach you the basics. Achiever and BC will help you fine-tune your strategy to do well.

Bootcamp is the closest to the actual difficulty, but I still found the real DAT easier. I think Achiever is overkill, but I think it does a really good job at getting you ready for a high stress scenario, which the DAT could be.

Thanks for the reply! Destroyer is definitely one of the must have study items I will get.