Bored

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dryacku

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you practicing doc's... Do you ever get bored or tired of doing the same thing day after day... I know there can be variations dependent on the case and individual, but once the case is running smooth... you are pretty much chiling... any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Dryacku said:
Do any of you practicing doc's... Do you ever get bored or tired of doing the same thing day after day... I know there can be variations dependent on the case and individual, but once the case is running smooth... you are pretty much chiling... any opinions?

Oh my God!! You're right, it does get boring! Damn, I might as well give up my 40-50 hour work week making $400k for something more "exciting". Thank you so much for showing me the light!

The_Sensei said:
Oh my God!! You're right, it does get boring! Damn, I might as well give up my 40-50 hour work week making $400k for something more "exciting". Thank you so much for showing me the light!

Wow, talk about not answering the question.

How does a question "show someone the light" anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
fakin' the funk said:
Wow, talk about not answering the question.

How does a question "show someone the light" anyway?

It just does :smuggrin:

Generally, the cases are short enough (once you are out of training) and the day is structured so that you barely have any down time. This prevents the boredom. And in case you are ever starting to get bored, you get 12 weeks vacation.

It is never boring to me so far at least...mind you I am only a CA2...there is always stuff to tinker with or learn.

Dryacku said:

Bored is sitting in an office seeing pt after pt. Tinkering with their meds. Bringing them back in 3-6months to see if what you changed made any difference. That, my friend is BORING.

Noyac said:
Bored is sitting in an office seeing pt after pt. Tinkering with their meds. Bringing them back in 3-6months to see if what you changed made any difference. That, my friend is BORING.

Can I get an Amen and a Hell-Yeah?

cloud9 said:
Can I get an Amen and a Hell-Yeah?

Amen. Hell-Yeah.

;)

p.s. to the OP, if you think it's boring, then don't go into anesthesia...just let me know if you think doing the same total knee replacement a hundred times over and over gets just as "boring". or a lap chole, hernia, etc...

essentially what i'm saying is that ALL specialties will get repetitive and/or "boring" with time.

The_Sensei said:

Yeah, it gets boring.

But take what all my rhetorical posts have said about how your life, ten years from now, will have different priorities. And different interests.

Then reread Sensei's post.

Unless you are a humanitarian, those of which have my utmost respect,

Sensei's post is a post of wisdom.