Boring -- ApacheIndian Where You At...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickjamesbtch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread for some time now and it's seems to have ran out of gas.... It's boring, there use to be tons of great, useful information on here. Now, there's nothing. ApacheIndian use to keep this place movin, giving excellent advice and info. Apache, where you at?

Here is my favorite apache post of all time:

It's a common misconception about radiology -- that it is best for antisocial schizoid freaks. I think this couldn't be further from the truth. Since you're an advanced MS3 you are probably beginning to realize that the whole "patient interaction" thing is way overblown -- and the reality is that most patients you deal with are low-lifes and losers... not the kind of people you'd ever choose to "interact" with if you could help it. Then you interact with nurses and other ancillary staff who (even though some are hot and good to take for test drives) aren't the sharpest tools in the sheds either. So all in all the whole "dealing with people" crap about being a clinician is kind of a mirage IMHO. Now take rads -- we talk to clinicians -- i.e. fellow docs -- who if not brilliant the lot of them, at least they have IQ's over 100. We talk to them and deal with them day in and day out -- for better or for worse. I know every single doctor across all services and specialties in my large academic center -- I like most of them, and most of them like me. It's a very good position to be in -- it's like in radiology you coordinate care -- like you're the generals in the tent directing the troops on the front lines on what to do -- you mostly talk to fellow generals and seargents, and you may talk to the occasional private once in a while. But if you don't want to, you NEVER talk to the enemy -- i.e. the patient.

But the beauty again lies with the flexibilty -- if you want you can be an IR and mammographer and deal with patients all day long and have clinic too. Or you can live and work at the other end of the spectrum (I'm more on this end) where you can work in solitude -- work hard, and play hard later. What I do is actually a lot of fun and intellectually stimulating -- a whole heckuva lot better than talking to vagabonds to take a coherent history and then sticking your finger where the sun don't shine.

Members don't see this ad.

apache, please post something to let us know that ur alive!