Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may seem like a stupid question but here it goes. I've been out of school a few years and will be going back to try to go to D.O./DDS school.
Considering I owe about $140K, if I pay "down" my current student loans to a managable level, will I be able to borrow again on subsidized and unsubsidized for another professional degree? I had heard that regardless if you pay it down or not it's a one time thing...that sounds incorrect en face, is it?
From what I remember, and it's been a while, I thought the max. amount was $138K for guaranteed loans. Do you guys borrow from private lenders for the rest? I have heard of loans running into the $200-$300K range. Who loans that kind of money or does it all depend on the program and the schools estimate for cost? I.E. I would have to go to an expensive school to have the loan limit raised high enough to go (bad logic but I'm just asking).
Thanks for your input.
😕
Considering I owe about $140K, if I pay "down" my current student loans to a managable level, will I be able to borrow again on subsidized and unsubsidized for another professional degree? I had heard that regardless if you pay it down or not it's a one time thing...that sounds incorrect en face, is it?
From what I remember, and it's been a while, I thought the max. amount was $138K for guaranteed loans. Do you guys borrow from private lenders for the rest? I have heard of loans running into the $200-$300K range. Who loans that kind of money or does it all depend on the program and the schools estimate for cost? I.E. I would have to go to an expensive school to have the loan limit raised high enough to go (bad logic but I'm just asking).
Thanks for your input.
😕