boston interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, this thread is mainly for those who are interviewed or going to be interviewed by boston university.
please lets share our interview experiences and any info that might help us as well as others.
i was interviewed on sep 23, they interview was so cool. we had a breakfast then a tour, then a lecture about the program by doctor nargess.
then we had personal interviews where we were divided into three groups. each was interviewed by one doctor.
they ask simple questions. about your life and your plans, just be your self. they said that we gonna hear from them not earlier than november or it could be december. and they told us that we were the first interviewees.
good luck for everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanx buddy for the input. :thumbup:

when do u have ur interview in boston? i have mine on 14th oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
nayana said:
when do u have ur interview in boston? i have mine on 14th oct.

My interview date is Sept 30th

hi guys

i was just wondering if it is ok to apply to BU in December , their application deadline is 1st Feb. Or do u think they just dont call people for interview if they apply this late???

Please help me with this....

Take care and All the v best to all those going to this Maidan-e-jung ;)

I got an interview call from bu . Its on 28th octo. Anybody going there from bay area,CA. I am looking for company so that we can share the expenses and having company too.
Let me know

hi rajkang

WOW!!! thats GREAT ! and it gives me some hope :)
Thanx for the input

Hey Guys
My interview experience at Bu was really good. As caninus has already posted, the interview day schedule went the very same way. Interview is very casual and I was asked abt my clinical experience in details. Also some other general questions. I guess being truthful & genuine helps.
Good luck to all who r waiting to be interviewed :luck:

hi all,

i have my interview in october too.I was just wondering if anyone could guide me about the best hotel to stay.I know that they gave us a list of hotels, but i was just wondering what the best choice would be.

Also please do let me know when the interview gets over as i hav eto fly back the same day,How far is the airport from the university etc

thanks

dentistplease said:
hi all,

i have my interview in october too.I was just wondering if anyone could guide me about the best hotel to stay.I know that they gave us a list of hotels, but i was just wondering what the best choice would be.

Also please do let me know when the interview gets over as i hav eto fly back the same day,How far is the airport from the university etc

thanks
hampton inn or best western. they are near to the school ,so you will not need a taxi cab. also you can use a hotel shuttle from the airport. the interview will probably be done around 3.00 pm.

rajkang said:
I had got "boston park plaza" for $65 per night from priceline. Boston has a very good subway system called "T". You won't need to get a cab.
my interview was fine but they looking for higth score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,va

ddsfight said:
I got an interview call from bu . Its on 28th octo. Anybody going there from bay area,CA. I am looking for company so that we can share the expenses and having company too.
Let me know
Hey,
I have an interview on the 28th ,was just informed about it .Since i am in Virginia cant give you company but will probably see you on 28th. :) .

hi.....
i am applying to B.U
IN the application,do we have to write our personal statement in personal background section or we just have to attach it saperately with other documents?
pls help me soon as i am already very late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a short SOP no longer than one page, and attach it as a separate doc to your resume.

rock on

looking for someone who interviewed on Oct 8
please pm me (so young or something/...)

Hey guys, im interviewing for BU on Nov 1, just wanted to know if anyone else was interviewing that same day, I would like to hang out with dental people and students that are going throught the same thing i am right know. Im stayin at the hostel, arriving Oct 30. let me know :D

neha said:
Hi guys,

I read on the interview feedback thread that it is very difficult to get parking near boston university and its better to take a cab.Is it really so? I was planning to take a rental car.All those who have already attended the interview please advice.
it is realy though to find a parking place there. probably it is imposible. but the city transportation is in exelent condition...

hi everyone,

i had my interview on 14th Oct.it was cool.It all went by the clock according to the schedule they had provided us with.There were 10 of us who were interviewed.The tour was very informative.....definitely better than the one at Loma Linda (where we were shown only the dept meant for the IDP students :rolleyes: ).The interview was interactive....and felt more like a discussion. We met a few Advanced standing students who patiently answered our queries. We all felt very relaxed.

We were told that there would be 60 seats for this year....greater chances of getting in then. :luck: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Caninus_molarus: thanx for your moral support!! :) it meant a lot.

Cleo said:
hi everyone,

i had my interview on 14th Oct.it was cool.It all went by the clock according to the schedule they had provided us with.There were 10 of us who were interviewed.The tour was very informative.....definitely better than the one at Loma Linda (where we were shown only the dept meant for the IDP students :rolleyes: ).The interview was interactive....and felt more like a discussion. We met a few Advanced standing students who patiently answered our queries. We all felt very relaxed.

We were told that there would be 60 seats for this year....greater chances of getting in then. :luck: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Caninus_molarus: thanx for your moral support!! :) it meant a lot.

Hi,
Thanks for the info...Does any one know how many r they interviewing for the 60 seats they have?

hi, Those who have interview on 28th of oct, where are u ppl staying? I vl be staying at hampton inn and how to commute to the interviwe site?

Hey how come this thread has become inactive.Are there no interviews being conducted at boston presently?

I wanted to know if boston interview is a one on one interview or is it like a group or panel of people asking you questions? and also were the interviewers same or do they change for everybody?
thanks

neha said:
Hey how come this thread has become inactive.Are there no interviews being conducted at boston presently?

I wanted to know if boston interview is a one on one interview or is it like a group or panel of people asking you questions? and also were the interviewers same or do they change for everybody?
thanks

hey!
actually its a one on one interview.i think every time they call abt 9-10 students for the interview as a whole and then each one is alloted a prof for interview .so i guess one prof takes abt 2-3 students but its a one on one interview.i hope this answered u'r q'n& did not confuse u.
thanks.

aquafresh said:
hey!
actually its a one on one interview.i think every time they call abt 9-10 students for the interview as a whole and then each one is alloted a prof for interview .so i guess one prof takes abt 2-3 students but its a one on one interview.i hope this answered u'r q'n& did not confuse u.
thanks.

Does it mean that each candidate is gonna be interviewed by only one prof? :confused:

dentaldoc said:
Does it mean that each candidate is gonna be interviewed by only one prof? :confused:

Yes,each candidate is interviewed by only one prof.
however one prof may interview 2-3 candidates.
hope u got it.

dentaldoc said:

Anybody had interview in last week in BU?????????

Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can defer our admission at BU for the following year?thanks for u r help

hi all,
i have my interview at BU on 13th january. is there any one else who is going to be interviewed on the same day.
does anybody know about the frequency of interview every month? i mean once a week or twice a month or more frequently?
i am a little worried because my interview is too late and i think that very few seats would be left by then?
viral

idcom said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can defer our admission at BU for the following year?thanks for u r help
yes you can

hi, did anybody get interview on january 6th,2004. plz let me know. all the best to all of them who r going for interview.

pinktooth said:
yes you can

hi, anybody giving interview at BU on Jan 6th, 2005? plz contact me.
thanx
:) QUOTE=gpsbhattal]hi, did anybody get interview on january 6th,2004. plz let me know. all the best to all of them who r going for interview.[/QUOTE]

hi, does any body know how many applicants r interviewed every month at BU.
thanx :) QUOTE=gpsbhattal]hi, anybody giving interview at BU on Jan 6th, 2005? plz contact me.
thanx
:) QUOTE=gpsbhattal]hi, did anybody get interview on january 6th,2004. plz let me know. all the best to all of them who r going for interview.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

gpsbhattal said:
hi, does any body know how many applicants r interviewed every month at BU.
thanx :) QUOTE=gpsbhattal]hi, anybody giving interview at BU on Jan 6th, 2005? plz contact me.
thanx
:) QUOTE=gpsbhattal]hi, did anybody get interview on january 6th,2004. plz let me know. all the best to all of them who r going for interview.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

generally in one day there r usually 10 candidates and interviews are held every thursday.....
so in a month around 40-50 candidates r interviewed

when did u apply to boston and when did u get the interview letter..... coz' i am waiting and no news from them yet....... so can u please tell me the dates. /thank you.
viral said:
hi all,
i have my interview at BU on 13th january. is there any one else who is going to be interviewed on the same day.
does anybody know about the frequency of interview every month? i mean once a week or twice a month or more frequently?
i am a little worried because my interview is too late and i think that very few seats would be left by then?
viral

hi, i`d got interview letter 15-20 days back n i`d applied in mid november.
take care, u can get it anytime, bcoz they sometimes conduct interviews even in july. good luck :)
dentocure said:
when did u apply to boston and when did u get the interview letter..... coz' i am waiting and no news from them yet....... so can u please tell me the dates. /thank you.

hey gpsbhattal,
Thank you for the reply..... do u remember ur dates exactly..... coz, I applied by 23rd of november....... just want to make sure is this delay normal or not/

hi, why dont u call them n make it sure.they hardly reply to emails so call them again n again n email also, they will let u know in one or the other way.
good luck n hope 4 the best :)

dentocure said:
hey gpsbhattal,
Thank you for the reply..... do u remember ur dates exactly..... coz, I applied by 23rd of november....... just want to make sure is this delay normal or not/

Ya I called them......... she said i will get it most probably in a week time......... but i am worried here just waiting for the interview call.

hey gpsbhattal, can u post me ur stats...... ur part one, toefl,gpa... thank u

hi, it`s part-1 - 92, toefl-273, Gpa-2.59
Gpa can creat a problem 4 me. what about ur stats? can u post them?
good luck :)

dentocure said:
hey gpsbhattal, can u post me ur stats...... ur part one, toefl,gpa... thank u

hey gpsbhattal,
Dont worry about gpa...... as far as i know..BU doesnot look at gpa....... so think positive......I have already posted my stats in upenn call section.......

hi gpsbhattal, By the way , did u apply to any other schools?

[Has anyone been in an AEGD Program interview? I am from Argentina and I would like to know how is it.

hey gpsbhattal, i am having an interview on january 20th......... so, thanks buddy for ur support.

congrats! wish u all the best for ur interview. take care, bye. :)

dentocure said:
hey gpsbhattal, i am having an interview on january 20th......... so, thanks buddy for ur support.

gpsbhattal said:
hi, did anybody get interview on january 6th,2004. plz let me know. all the best to all of them who r going for interview.

Hi! I am going on Jan 6. what is your scors? where are you staying?

Hi, I live in Edmonton,Canada. Part-1 is 92, Gpa-2.59,toefl-273.Please tell me about ur stats and where do u live?

AF30 said:
Hi! I am going on Jan 6. what is your scors? where are you staying?