Boston Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mysteree

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently been asked to interview at Boston. I'm of two minds at the moment, to go or not to go to the interviewThose of you who've interviewed there, could you tell me how the interview was. Where did you guys stay etc? What was your impression of the school, faculty, students? I'd really appreciate any feedback and advice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at Hyatt Regency over Cambridge side, for $70 a night (got it through hotwire.com), a room with great view of downtown and charles river.

Interview was very good, great facility and faculty. APEX program has major benefits (in my opinion).

good luck

Mysteree said:
I've recently been asked to interview at Boston. I'm of two minds at the moment, to go or not to go to the interviewThose of you who've interviewed there, could you tell me how the interview was. Where did you guys stay etc? What was your impression of the school, faculty, students? I'd really appreciate any feedback and advice. Thanks.

May I know when is your date of interview at BU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mysteree said:

Hey!

I don't see why wouldn't go for the interview?

Are in somewhere else? if you are then just go there and save your interview money...

If you are worried about the quality of the school. It's a great school, I love it here and i wouldn't go anywhere else if i had the chance to. I love my friends and the faculty, everyone here is supportive and great.

If you decide to come for the interview, any hotel in the BackBay area would be your best bet, but Boston is small, so, anywhere is good.

Cold Front said:
I stayed at Hyatt Regency over Cambridge side, for $70 a night (got it through hotwire.com), a room with great view of downtown and charles river.

Interview was very good, great facility and faculty. APEX program has major benefits (in my opinion).

good luck

Wow, that's a great price for that hotel. Is it far from the school? How did you get to and from the airport and to the school?

Yeah, I've gotten in somewhere else. But I was in Boston for Tufts, and I liked the city, and BU does have a good reputation, so I'm tempted to check it out for myself.

So backbay's the area that's close to BU? Thanks.

DB#1 said:
Hey!

I don't see why wouldn't go for the interview?

Are in somewhere else? if you are then just go there and save your interview money...

If you are worried about the quality of the school. It's a great school, I love it here and i wouldn't go anywhere else if i had the chance to. I love my friends and the faculty, everyone here is supportive and great.

If you decide to come for the interview, any hotel in the BackBay area would be your best bet, but Boston is small, so, anywhere is good.

Mysteree... when did you hear that you got an interview?

Sackof said:
Mysteree... when did you hear that you got an interview?

almost 2 wks back, why?

Hey,
I have an interview at BU in a couple of weeks!
I have a friend who had an interview at BU and she was so impressed with the program and she fell in love with the city. She declined because it was so expensive to go. She said the interview process was laid back and it seemed that the school wanted to get more of a character profile of the interviewees.
If you are close to Boston, you might as well go to the interview!

kkbouche said:
Hey,
I have an interview at BU in a couple of weeks!
I have a friend who had an interview at BU and she was so impressed with the program and she fell in love with the city. She declined because it was so expensive to go. She said the interview process was laid back and it seemed that the school wanted to get more of a character profile of the interviewees.
If you are close to Boston, you might as well go to the interview!

Thanks for your input :) Ha, I'm anything but close, I'm on the west coast! But I think I'll take the chance and make the trip. When's your interview?

My interview is April 3 (monday)...you?

Mysteree said:
Thanks for your input :) Ha, I'm anything but close, I'm on the west coast! But I think I'll take the chance and make the trip. When's your interview?

Hi,

Where else did you get in? If you want to stay within walking distance of the school, there is a Hampton Inn right near there. Boston is an awesome city as everyone else here I think agrees. The interview will be relaxed I imagine as mine was in 2001...I just graduated from there. I also went from California. Good luck!!! :)

Mysteree said:

DMD2005 said:
Hi,

Where else did you get in? If you want to stay within walking distance of the school, there is a Hampton Inn right near there. Boston is an awesome city as everyone else here I think agrees. The interview will be relaxed I imagine as mine was in 2001...I just graduated from there. I also went from California. Good luck!!! :)

Hi,
Oh, how I'd love to be in your shoes. To be done with everything :) I've been accepted to NYU, and Pitt (which I turned down) and waitlisted at Tufts. Are you going to be returning to CA? Were there a lot of people from CA there, did you take the CA exam or the western regionals? Lastly, just how expensive is living in Boston? I know too many questions, but I'd appreciate your input. Thanks for the luck.