Boston interviews + hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VancouverDoc2b

TheApprentice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow dentites,

Im hoping some of you may be able to help me out. Im going to Boston this week and had to book a place to stay...preferable close to BU. If you guys know of any thatd be great. I know they give a list but what student living under budget can afford the Ritz Carlton...damn I dont understand.

Anyways, if u guys know of any places that'd be great.

Thanks,
Vishal

P.S. Any interview tips and pointers would be great

Members don't see this ad.

Priceline is your friend.

I would suggest BestWestern - Round House. They will pick you up in the airport and give you a ride to BU. It saves you about $50 dollars on transportation. However, you have to go to the airport by yourself after interview. It costs you around $20 by taking a cab, including tips.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree...go with the best western. It's about a 5-10 min walk from the hotel to the Dental school. You can even ask them for a ride in the morning if you want. Try to get it on Orbitz or Hotels.com

The BU interview is pretty laid back. You might want to look at the interview feedback website for some specific questions. They asked me about my family, why I wanted to be a dentist, 3 things I liked about myself and 3 things I didn't, how I handle stress...easy stuff.

Good luck on your interview. Let us know how it goes:)

The best Western does sound like a sweet deal, but I would also look into youth hostels as well. There should be plenty of hostels in prime locations within Boston for about $15-$20/night, and you'll be able to meet a lot of people from around the world there and can go visit Boston with them....and who knows, you might get lucky!! ;)

I have good memories in hostels......if you know what I mean! ;)

Thanks guys. Its good know theres always help available.

Hey Gupta...how are those hostels?? they clean?? the ones in vancouver that i seen are pretty grungy and i been turned off ever since.

I like the idea of getting a ride everywhere. That tickles my fancy. Yet, the prospects of getting some action are good too. Great stress relief i tell ya. Ill look into that.

Thanks guys, and gals, dont wanna forget about ya DMDgirl.

And Ill let ya know how it goes. Spanx!

WIth hostels its total hit and miss. If it matters a lot for you, just do a search for Boston Hostels and read some reviews.....