Boston Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VancouverDoc2b

TheApprentice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all I just want to say that Im new to this site and all the discussion that goes on here is awesome. I didnt get as much out of any other site than I have on this site. Right on!

K, now Im just wondering whats up with BU doing interviews for wait list?? Is this normal?? Does anyone else have this interview?

Im not exactly sure if its for wait list, but its in late April, and so Im wondering if theres any spots left. Plus when I asked the lady at Admissions, she said she cant say...what is that?? Im skeptical, but Im still gonna go.

Has anyone had an interview in late april and still been accepted for that year.

thanks guys for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

sometimes schools interview applicants even though the class is full. This was the case when I applied to Maryland- they offered interview in Jan/Feb even though the class was already full at that time. They told me that there is still a chance because people may drop out- but how high that chance is unknown, so I ended up not going. BU might be a little different because it's not a public school and seem to be less competitive.

which other schools did you apply? you studying at UBC? i did my undergrad there. :cool:

Really?? Yeah well im still gonna go just because "ya never know"

Yeah im at UBC. Im sick of this place. Where are u studying now??? Did u get into dent?? Im graduating this year in bio.

I applied to a few other schools, NYU, Nova, USC. I applied kinda late, (like Feb) so let see what happens. Im just gathering info on tonnes of schools to see which ones i should apply to next year (if need be). Im hoping i wont have to and BU can come through for me. lets see

Members don't see this ad :)
HEy VancouverDoc......I think you are gonna be out of luck for USC and NOva....but there is still hope for BU and NYU.

Remember, these schools accept many Canadians who apply early, but when the Canadians find out about Canadian schools (which is right now until the end of summer), lots of people cancel their BU and NYU seats. SO being on the waitlist at NYU or BU is much better than being on the waitlist for lets say Columbia.

What I suggest you to do is contact Amy Knowles at NYU and make her know of your existence, cause this late in the game, every day is crucial. You have a much better chance at NYU than BU, just because NYU's class is double the size....so do whatever you can to get into NYU......Good LUck and by the way, the Canucks blow!

Yeah yea, were having our problems right now. But if theres ever a Vancouver-Toronto showdown, you go down, simple.

Congrats on getting in at Temple!!

Yeah I just wanna see what happens. I was kinda disappointed to find out that I might just be interviewing for alternate but its ok I guess. Im just gonna do my best to do well on the interview and get a high number hopefully. Any tips for rocking the interivew??

Anyways, Im gonna contact Amy Knowles at NYU. Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming. haha, Thanks

contacting Amy Knowles and telling her your situation is gold....you must do that.

As far as the interview goes, its nothing like Canada....no hard questions....just to get to know who you are. Being yourself is the best strategy.

Originally posted by avingupta
HEy VancouverDoc......I think you are gonna be out of luck for USC and NOva....but there is still hope for BU and NYU.

Remember, these schools accept many Canadians who apply early, but when the Canadians find out about Canadian schools (which is right now until the end of summer), lots of people cancel their BU and NYU seats. SO being on the waitlist at NYU or BU is much better than being on the waitlist for lets say Columbia.

What I suggest you to do is contact Amy Knowles at NYU and make her know of your existence, cause this late in the game, every day is crucial. You have a much better chance at NYU than BU, just because NYU's class is double the size....so do whatever you can to get into NYU......Good LUck and by the way, the Canucks blow!

I think he might still have a chance at USC since they run their cycle late. Apparently they are only 40-50% full at this juncture. This comes from some other posts here.

I agree that NYU is the OP's best shot right now, but BU will still take you if you have stellar stats ( I mean acceptance, not waitlist).

to answer your question, i graduated from UBC biochem last yr, doing dentistry at McGill now.

goodluck.