Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
YAYYYY!!!! I just got 2 interview invites today, from BU and NYU!!! Im SO EXCITED!!!!

Aug 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
COOONNNNNGGGRRRAAAATTTTTTSSSSSS! THAT is a nice day when you get two interviews! I hope you do well on both!

If you don't mind, can you please share when you got the AADSAS BU application complete/being reviewed update? Thanks a lot! And good luck again.

OP
P
Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
My application was E-submitted on AADSAS on Aug. 30th... and about 2 weeks later i got the email from both BU and NYU for supplementary apps. Finally now i got offered an interview to both.

My DAT scores aren't all that.

AA:19
PAT:21

Oct 21, 2010
Atlanta
Status
My application was E-submitted on AADSAS on Aug. 30th... and about 2 weeks later i got the email from both BU and NYU for supplementary apps. Finally now i got offered an interview to both.

WOOHOO! congratulations! That is definitely an achievement! So NYU sent out secondary applications? I got an email from them saying, "NYUCD does not require a supplemental application until the point of interview. If you are invited for an interview, you will be provided with the application on your interview day."
Did anyone else get this?

Skateguitar

5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental

What was your TS? if you dont mind sharing that, I just want to know if i am in the same ballpark, mine was 18. thanks

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental

You must have a mid to high GPA then? Or did you build orphanages in Africa?

OP
P
Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
LMFAO!!! orphanage in africa lol.. thats classic.. But anyways.. I'm a male and I'm African American

GPA (Overall): 3.37 DAT: AA:19 PA:21
GPA (Science): 3.42

My application was pretty sick i think.. Yea i dont think my gpa was that high and my DAT was a lil above average but my personal statement was pretty sick.. Im not born in the US so i spoke about all the hardship i overcame. So i think that may have giving me a pretty good boost.

Also i have a ton of community and school involvement! LIKE A LOT! and i shadowed 4 different dentist: Orthodontist, Periodontist, and 2 Pediatric dentist..

I also had 5 letters of recommendations with one coming from the pre-dental committee at my school.