Boston OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Van Der Woude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you guys know which of the omfs programs in boston see prisoners. There is no state school and they are all private so I was just curious.

Also, does BU OMFS place alot of implants? I feel like the VA and dental school helps but I think undergrad dental places implants as well.

Members don't see this ad.

BU OMFS accepts all patients, meaning they end up seeing whoever the rest of programs don't, including prisoners. According to their residents they place close to 200 implants by graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just trust us. Look around on other threads. If you hear the same thing from multiple sources...it’s probably true.

I have seen that posted several times. Just curious what it's based on. I'm not saying I don't believe it, I personally have no connection to BU and have never spent time at their program or speaking to their residents.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't not confirm or deny being associated with BU

Just trust us. Look around on other threads. If you hear the same thing from multiple sources...it’s probably true.

So in 2015 you were in dental school and posted on here that you matched into omfs. In July 2018 you asked if UCSF was still accepting for a spot. And now you’re saying you’re a general dentist at Harlem Hospital...can you give us a little more info on your background?

I think BU is a pretty great program tbh. salama/caldroney does malignant path w/ fib harvests & immediate implants, 2 lvl 1 trauma centers, pushkar wrote tons of joint papers with wolford, and Chigurupati is comfortable with gnathics after matriculating from UoW. But they def expect a lot from you, i'm sure.