Boston programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdoc91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would someone familiar with the assorted Harvard-affiliated psych residency programs offer some insight on what distinguishes them from one another? How did they differ?

Members don't see this ad.

I highjacked another thread a few weeks ago when someone was asking about mgh and didn't get any love so I'll try high jacking this one :) can anyone speak to BU's program? I think because it lives in the shadow of Harvard's programs it doesn't get much chatter but from what I can tell it looks like a pretty stong program itself. Thoughts? insight?

Members don't see this ad :)
I highjacked another thread a few weeks ago when someone was asking about mgh and didn't get any love so I'll try high jacking this one :) can anyone speak to BU's program? I think because it lives in the shadow of Harvard's programs it doesn't get much chatter but from what I can tell it looks like a pretty stong program itself. Thoughts? insight?

Do you have any specific questions? The reviews from previous years do a pretty good job at talking about BU/BMC (and Tufts for that matter). The Chair and PD are well regarded, and it's particularly strong in addictions (although its C/L and community are great as well). Inpatient is scattered across a couple of hospital sites, and there's no unit at the main academic hospital.

(Not a resident there, but have a passing familiarity with the program)

Do you have any specific questions? The reviews from previous years do a pretty good job at talking about BU/BMC (and Tufts for that matter). The Chair and PD are well regarded, and it's particularly strong in addictions (although its C/L and community are great as well). Inpatient is scattered across a couple of hospital sites, and there's no unit at the main academic hospital.

(Not a resident there, but have a passing familiarity with the program)

I've been I've been able to pull out of the sdn archives that it is strong at addiction and that the PD is good but that is about it. So the extra things you mentioned are great to know. I would also love to hear if anyone had any insight on the program feel/culture. Down to earth? High power academic? A mix? strong psychotherapy?