Boston Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mepstein

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to apply to either Tufts or BU as my back up school. Which one should i apply to and why. they are close enough to the same price, so give me some other reasons. Thnaks

matt

Members don't see this ad.

mepstein said:
I am going to apply to either Tufts or BU as my back up school. Which one should i apply to and why. they are close enough to the same price, so give me some other reasons. Thnaks

matt

Backup?? That doesn't make me feel too good... I am going to Tufts in the fall :) They are both good and slightly different, you may find you want to apply to both and check them out for yourself. Good luck!

Well, as far as the two are concerned, Tufts is definitely tougher to get into. If you consider Tufts a "backup", then more power to you.

If you are more interested in clinical "stuff" then Tufts is your school.

If you are more interested in research "stuff" then BU may have the slight edge.

If I had the option between the two, I would go to Tufts. This is not to say that Im not looking forward to going to BU, but I would choose Tufts over most of the schools in the country.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second Tuft's. It's a good school. Not saying a name is everything either but Tuft's is well known also.

Rezdawg said:
Well, as far as the two are concerned, Tufts is definitely tougher to get into. If you consider Tufts a "backup", then more power to you.

If you are more interested in clinical "stuff" then Tufts is your school.

If you are more interested in research "stuff" then BU may have the slight edge.

If I had the option between the two, I would go to Tufts. This is not to say that Im not looking forward to going to BU, but I would choose Tufts over most of the schools in the country.

Reza basically laid it out perfectly......Tufts is an amazing all around school which you definiltey cannot go wrong with if you are willing to pay.

Dr.BadVibes said:
Reza basically laid it out perfectly......Tufts is an amazing all around school which you definiltey cannot go wrong with if you are willing to pay.
Your avator reminds me of my friend. He's like "I" will stil be able to stand up in my 90s as a vegetarian.

Thanks everyone...its just backup to my state school. I love where i live.

Ahh... State school is definitely the place to be if possible. The only one around here is Uconn, and we all know their story, very small class and kinda snooty. Anywho, Boston is great, and BU/Tufts would make a good backup or first choice. Good luck!

Im thinking about applying to one of these two schools as well, and i was wondering how the housing situation is at each school. I know tuition is comparable, as it is with most private schools, but housing and how the neighborhood is is a real issue for me. So what does each school have in terms of on campus housing? or off campus apartments? and how much do those apartments usually cost a month?