boston thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd20000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences–Boston

i know it is a 6 year program, so is it true they only accept few students for year 3?

is it worth it to apply there? i am asking because one source claimed that they accept more than 600 students each year.

Members don't see this ad.

i know it is a 6 year program, so is it true they only accept few students for year 3?

is it worth it to apply there? i am asking because one source claimed that they accept more than 600 students each year.

600 students a year??? You must be crazy. You should research the facts:

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolMCPHSpage.htm

They only accept 25 year 3 students, giving out ~140 interviews. I just received my interview invite yesterday. You should apply anyway because there is NO PCAT and NO SUPPLEMENTAL APP.

Once again, they only accept 25 students at boston, 266 or so at worcester so don't get your hopes up. Just know that you are competing really high with Harvard, MIT students lol i'm speaking from experience so pls don't apply to boston alone because u might get dropped hard! Don't get me wrong i love MCPHS and def attending Worcester but boston is sort of a write-off for me...goodluck folks

I think the 600 could pertain to the number of direct entry students (meaning students entering directly from high school). Even so, I think 600 is somewhat of an overestimation for year 1 acceptances. Anyhow, as the above posts have stated, the school only accepts a few transfer students into the professional year. The number the school accepts varies each year depending on space availability. In 2006, mcphs boston accepted around 50 third year students but last year the school only accepted 25. It doesn't hurt to apply because it's hard to predict what the adcom is looking for each cycle.