Boston U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone on SDN said they were rejected from Boston U for this current cycle. I haven't even heard that they wanted their application fee $$ from me yet and my app was mailed out from AADSAS back on July 10. Schools received it by July 17. Anyone else have this?

Members don't see this ad.

I havent heard anything from them either, app. sent out same date with u

DDS:) said:
I havent heard anything from them either, app. sent out same date with u

I didn't get anything either. I called them a couple of days ago to check to see if they received all my stuff. All they told me was: "Unfortunately, I can't tell you that now, but when we do receive your application we will email you.:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not heard from BU either my mail or email.

My AADSAS application was mailed to all schools on July 21st.

I would think BU would process the applications quickly.

I already have dental schools emailing me, telling me to download a secondary application,...or mailing me secondary applications in the mail.

Does BU email you to send them a secondary processing fee? Or do they mail you a packet with the secondary/supplemental application?

they will email u a total blank email w/ subject "application recieved" ... i believe u were supposed to send a fee as soon u apply w/ aadsas

rchuloholla said:
they will email u a total blank email w/ subject "application recieved" ... i believe u were supposed to send a fee as soon u apply w/ aadsas

Well, on AADSAS under the "Dental Schools Supplemental Info" section, it says this for Boston:

Send these materials to the dental school only when an admissions officer contacts you:
Application fee $60.00 U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents; $90.00 International Applicants
Wallet size photograph

So are we supposed to send it after getting that empty email? I sent them an email asking but so far no response.

never mind.. it's after they contact u

i'm gonna call them rite now

I just got a new email from Boston that has all the information the other empty email left out. There is a link to pay the secondary fee online, or you can mail a check.

aurora507 said:
I just got a new email from Boston that has all the information the other empty email left out. There is a link to pay the secondary fee online, or you can mail a check.

I got nothing from BU. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten anything from BU. I called them this morning and they said no e-mails have been sent to any applicants. They also said no applications have been looked at and they won't begin until September. This sounds odd considering people on SDN have gotten @bu.edu e-mails.

EmanUT said:
I haven't gotten anything from BU. I called them this morning and they said no e-mails have been sent to any applicants. They also said no applications have been looked at and they won't begin until September. This sounds odd considering people on SDN have gotten @bu.edu e-mails.

Whoa, that is really strange cuz I definitely got a long email from @bu.edu with a working link to their website and everything. That person must have been really misinformed...

aurora507 said:
Whoa, that is really strange cuz I definitely got a long email from @bu.edu with a working link to their website and everything. That person must have been really misinformed...

Really? I got an email with no text or links or anything. Did the email have a link to download the secondary application?

I sent my app to BU on the 17th of July and I haven't heard from them either. Strange...I know UIC doesn't start reviewing till September so maybe that's when BU does too

I think if you haven't gotten any emails from BU, just wait a bit and you will. I sent my app in really early and it was mailed out in the first batch. If you have gotten an empty non-link email, email her back and ask, and she should email you the right one w/ actual info. And no, Lucass, the 2nd email I got did not have a link to the secondary, it only requested payment.

Just got an email from BU today with working link to pay the application fee. My AADSAS app was sent out on July 17th

yes i just got an email too.. just a few minutes ago :D i like this.. u can pay by credit card.. rather than snail mail.. makes things faster

i don't think there is a secondary.

i just got the email and paid online too! now gonna send my photo. :D

i just the BU email but the link doesn't work. did everybody else's work ok?

I also just got the blank email, but in the title of the message there's supposed to be a link to an address. It looked like the end just got cut off right at the .h, so I just added in the .html and it led me to a site to pay. Was there supposed to be anything else in the email besides this link? What address do you send the photo to?

zthang said:
I also just got the blank email, but in the title of the message there's supposed to be a link to an address. It looked like the end just got cut off right at the .h, so I just added in the .html and it led me to a site to pay. Was there supposed to be anything else in the email besides this link? What address do you send the photo to?

my app wasnt mailed out yet (gpa verified only on july 20th) but i just got the email from boston u asking for the $. maybe they accessed my file over the internet because im quite sure it hasnt been mailed to the schools yet

pbure said:
my app wasnt mailed out yet (gpa verified only on july 20th) but i just got the email from boston u asking for the $. maybe they accessed my file over the internet because im quite sure it hasnt been mailed to the schools yet

Same thing happened to me today.

uhm.. Im confused...

I submitted my app july 20th. AADSAS says printout not yet mailed for all of my schools but I just got the blank email to pay the fee. How is this possible?

I also got BU e-mail today, there was 2 empty one, and only 1 that actually have the link and instructions inside, hmm.....

Anyway, in the e-mail it didnt mention anything about photo, but on the AADSAS schools instruction page, says we need send photo when they contact us, so do we just go ahead send it to them????

I just emailed Ms. Weber (who sent out all those emails) and she said "A photo is not required this year. Can you please tell me where you got that information, so I can change it?" Hope this helps!

DDS:) said:
I also got BU e-mail today, there was 2 empty one, and only 1 that actually have the link and instructions inside, hmm.....

Anyway, in the e-mail it didnt mention anything about photo, but on the AADSAS schools instruction page, says we need send photo when they contact us, so do we just go ahead send it to them????

grhay13 said:
I just emailed Ms. Weber (who sent out all those emails) and she said "A photo is not required this year. Can you please tell me where you got that information, so I can change it?" Hope this helps!

haha really..?? good to know. i was planning to go and take another picture.

is bu alway this disorganized?

hey guys so there is not secondary for BU right except for the fee?

I got my email today...

teefRcool said:
hey guys so there is not secondary for BU right except for the fee?
Only a fee

same here, i got an email w/the URL in the subject.

When do they want the letters of rec? I've sent in my DAT scores...lets hope they email back soon!:)

I got the same email from BU as the person above me. I too did the same thing and followed the web address.

Also wondering where we send the photos?

edit: wow u guys post fast! i didn't see the whole part about the photo... thanks

correction: Ms. Weber said that photos are only required if you are granted an interview. So I gather they will ask for a photo only if we are granted interviews so I guess just wait until they ask for one. Just wanted to clarify my last post!

there is no secondary, today i just got an email to pay 60 bucks online

aurora507 said:

Yes, I got that email from BU today.

The first email had all the information including the website where you can pay the application processing fee. You just enter your AADSAS # and your credit card number and other pertinent information.

The next "two" emails from BU were blank! LOL! Something wrong with their software? :laugh:

any1 know how I could have gotten the letter to pay the fee online when the status of all of my apps on AADSAS says that the printou thas not been mailed?

yeah i got that email too (AADSAS mailed out on 7/28)
paid online already.. DID THEY ASK FOR PICTURE?!

i tried to pay online but when i put in my aadsas # and press pay, it doesn't work. Is it because it only works during business hours?

DDSWannaBe2007 said:
yeah i got that email too (AADSAS mailed out on 7/28)
paid online already.. DID THEY ASK FOR PICTURE?!

Good question! I forgot that the AADSAS website said that we should sent BU a passport-sized photo of ourselves as one of the requirements.

Hmmm, I guess I will call them on Monday and ask the admissions office about that.

xxxTheDonxxx said:
i tried to pay online but when i put in my aadsas # and press pay, it doesn't work. Is it because it only works during business hours?

That's strange as the online pay system should work 24 hours a day.

When I submitted my payment yesterday, it was 7:30PM Eastern Time.

Perhaps your AADSAS number is not yet placed into their computer database yet?

Best thing is to call them next week.

I recieved the blank e-mail yesterday. My GPA was verified July 25th, nut printout not mailed yet. I e-mailed Ms. Weber back asking if thisd was a mistake (eg where is all the information). I will report back when I get a reply.

That was fast. Just got the full e-mail with all the application informtaion and link to payment page. Must be a screw up with their system.

PS - The e-mail says "We have received your electronic application from the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)". Guess some schools do look online.

It looks like BU has made a lot of money this year...Isn't it kind of funny how willing we are to keep handing money out with no guarantee of getting in?? I think I'll open up a dental school. Will you all send me $65. I promise to at least send you a nice thank you note on some nice stationary.

UtahDad said:
...Isn't it kind of funny how willing we are to keep handing money out with no guarantee of getting in?? I think I'll open up a dental school. Will you all send me $65. I promise to at least send you a nice thank you note on some nice stationary.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

UtahDad said:
It looks like BU has made a lot of money this year...Isn't it kind of funny how willing we are to keep handing money out with no guarantee of getting in?? I think I'll open up a dental school. Will you all send me $65. I promise to at least send you a nice thank you note on some nice stationary.

i heard some schols will refund your money if they reject you. You can always bit#h at them until they refund your money. I'm not counting on it :laugh: