Boston U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who attends Boston U here? Are there any good hotels in the area of the dental school that you can recommend? Also, any transportation that you recommend to get from the airport to those hotels?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You will get an email from BU about the hotels they recommend. There is one right across the school. everything is expenisive in Boston. They have a good program. good luck. Demeter.

Also see if those hotels have complimentary shuttles that will come pick you up from the airport. If they don't, it's pretty easy to take the subway if you want to spend as little as possible ($1.25). If not, cab fare would be about 40-50 bucks to the BU area.

Members don't see this ad :)
just go through the mormon connection, they are always happy to pick up , house, taxi, drop off!

Living in Zona should have taught you that!

There are two hotels right by the dental school. One is the Roundhouse Inn which is a bit sketchy, and the other is the Hampton Inn which was just built last year. The area around school is not great, like other dental schools, but nothing to lose sleep over like. Good Luck!

If you are not on a tight schedule, and do a little planning before hand, Boston's subway (called the "T", which stands for transit) is the easiest way for locals to get from the airport to the city. And for visitors who want to act like locals. The map is color coded and easy to use. (similar to the underground in London or the Metro in Paris, but in English) (Just find the right color, and find the right direction.)

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_subway.asp

You take the blue line from the airport, and then usually transfer to another color or two depending on where you are going. (Sorry I stayed with a friend near the MIT campus, but I know a lot of people stayed at the recommended hotel which was within walking distance to the interview. Looking at the other post I think it was the Hampton Inn.)

Just make sure you go to the correct campus. (Depending on which program you are applying to.) Directions should be in your interview packet.

The buses are also useful (for going to the interview from your hotel) if you catch them right, but you might consider splurging for a taxi or walking depending on where you stay. It will be cold, though. And for someone from Arizona, you will freeze and think you are going to die. Have chapstick and gloves, or keep your hands in your pockets. So if you can get the walking distance hotel, pay whatever price, it will be worth it if you are not used to the city of Boston. (But if you arrive the night before, have an adventure on the "T" to get to your hotel. You just need to find the closest "T" stop.)

Good luck!

take the T from the airport: Blue line towards Govt Center. Transfer from the Blue line to the Orange line at State. Take the Orange line towards Forest Hills and exit at Mass Ave. Hollar at a cab for transportation to Boston U Med Center. There is a Hampton Inn right across the street which is new and nice. I stayed there before.. I'm not a current or future student. Just a student familiar with boston. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or misleading!

jb!

LOL. Never done it, and never will.

me neither. the roundhouse inn is a best western that is very close to the school. as far as it being sketchy, its not too bad. its just not cambridge. I loved it. btw, congrats on whatever it is that you're interviewing for.