Boston U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdm789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for BU interviewees....when did you guys hear from Boston inviting you for an interview??? I have that long message but i was really hoping to get an interview from them cuz they r one of my top choices. Are they done handing out interviews?? (hopefully not)

Members don't see this ad.

for BU interviewees....when did you guys hear from Boston inviting you for an interview??? I have that long message but i was really hoping to get an interview from them cuz they r one of my top choices. Are they done handing out interviews?? (hopefully not)

Yes, they are done handing out pre-december interviews. You can still get a post December interview which they will start handing out most likely near the end of November. I know this because I have spoken to kids who have called BU directly and they said they are done handing out pre- december interviews. I've heard rumors that they can make kids with great scores wait longer because they'll likely get into other schools. You may fall under that category. Not fair, i know. and it could be a rumor. Just sharing.

I got the email on 8/25, but wow - with your stats, Boston is one of your top choices? I almost wouldn't be surprised if they pass you by because your grades/scores are so good. I know someone they (Boston specifically) did that to - sometimes they just assume that because you have such good chances of going to a more affordable/"better" school they won't "waste" the interview on you. Maybe you should call and express your interest? I don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
in reality, if you're accepted to UB or stony brook wouldn't you go there? it would be half the price or less. i'm assuming you're ny resident since u go to canisius

I know someone they (Boston specifically) did that to - sometimes they just assume that because you have such good chances of going to a more affordable/"better" school they won't "waste" the interview on you.

Schools with inferiority complexes *sigh*. I hope my stats aren't "too good" for BU or Tufts. I'm still awaiting their response.

Schools with inferiority complexes *sigh*. I hope my stats aren't "too good" for BU or Tufts. I'm still awaiting their response.[/QUOTE

Although its "unfair" its completely true. Would you pick BU or Tufts over some of the (many) schools you have interviewed at like UCSF, Harvard, UPenn? Which all have pretty high interview/acceptance ratios....I highly doubt you would, they are simply trying to cut their losses

And i would also almost guarentee that if someone that was "too good for them" called/emailed expressing true interest in their program they would recieve the interview.

Although its "unfair" its completely true. Would you pick BU or Tufts over some of the (many) schools you have interviewed at like UCSF, Harvard, UPenn? Which all have pretty high interview/acceptance ratios....I highly doubt you would, they are simply trying to cut their losses

And i would also almost guarentee that if someone that was "too good for them" called/emailed expressing true interest in their program they would recieve the interview.

But how would BU and Tufts know that I've interviewed at those schools? I think I'm just as likely to not have heard anything or get rejected from Harvard, UCSF and Penn.

I know that predents.com is unreliable, but my stats are only marginally better than the average of those who have received interview invites from Tufts and BU.

Last edited:
I know that predents.com is unreliable, but my stats are only marginally better than the average of those who have received interview invites from Tufts and BU.

Check the ADEA guide. I think BU's average accepted GPA was a 3.2 and Tufts' average accepted GPA was a 3.4 or so. Your stats are significantly higher. I'd call or email and let them know you're really interested just to be safe.

what would be the best way to say something like that in an email?

Call to see if all your application materials are in. Then just be like ok great, I just have not heard back and I am extremely interested in your school. Thanks for the help and look forward to hearing from you.

It would probably be easy to sound arrogant, but just don't say anything like I have received a bunch of interviews and am concerned that i haven't heard back from Tufts or BU.

But how would BU and Tufts know that I've interviewed at those schools? I think I'm just as likely to not have heard anything or get rejected from Harvard, UCSF and Penn.

I don't think they'll pass you over for too good of stats. My stats are the same as yours.

As I stated in a previous thread,

"An applicant who shadowed with me has been in BU's continuous file since August. Respectable GPA around 3.5 and DAT scores 27TS, 26AA 23PAT (I saw the score report!!).
Already has interviews at Harvard & many others, but not Boston. Makes no sense, but it's definitely Boston's loss."

While I understand in theory what was just posted that BU doesn't want to waste their time when it's likely the applicant won't attend BU, what happens if the applicant isn't accepted at "better" programs? Fortunately, other programs at BU's level have also interviewed him, so it seems that this is only BU's mentality.

Yea reading all these responses makes me kind of worried. Boston is one of my top choices and I am really worried because I did not get any replies from this school. My stats are GPA 3.37 and DAT is 19. Should I be worried since I did not get any pre-december interviews and I know that I am not in the category of great stats?

Yea reading all these responses makes me kind of worried. Boston is one of my top choices and I am really worried because I did not get any replies from this school. My stats are GPA 3.37 and DAT is 19. Should I be worried since I did not get any pre-december interviews and I know that I am not in the category of great stats?

i don't think i'd be too worried, plenty of people who get accepted decide to go to other schools. you've got plennnnty of time!