BOston Univ. Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ukti

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any advice is welcome. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you interviewed before? Go into it thinking "They want me to come here". Be yourself and don't get nervous. I like to think about something funny to take my mind off the "pressure". Listen to an iPOd or whatever.

BTW, I've never interviewed at BU, I was just giving my advice in general

And dress sharp!:)

Yes, its my first interview, so i m quite nervous, i checked out the SDN interview feedback link..not sure how else i can prepare for it..:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
advice on how not to be nervous:

picture yourself 40 feet tall and made of diamonds... glistening in all your glory on the most perfect summer's day. (cheesy, but works for me).

seriously though, being nervous is not going to help you, find a way to get over it.

Interview is super chill, faculty are nice, facilities are nice. overall, stress level 1...to bad my tour guide sucked.

Ya, the people are really nice there, they make you feel welcome. By all accounts the interview is very conversational. Even though the interviewer had a bone to pick with me, he still took the time to get to know my other aspects. We talked for almost 45min and I just got accepted. So just try to relax, be at home, ask questions, be friendly, positive and don't forget to smile. GL

Oh Congratulations on ur acceptance, i hope i get in too.

what sort of questions were you guys asked?.. besides the 'why dentistry?' and 'why bu?'

u know its true, i heard quite a few ppl mention that their tour guide sucked.. but i've also heard that after coming out of the interview, some ppl eithre completely like the school or hate it..

Ya, the people are really nice there, they make you feel welcome. By all accounts the interview is very conversational. Even though the interviewer had a bone to pick with me, he still took the time to get to know my other aspects. We talked for almost 45min and I just got accepted. So just try to relax, be at home, ask questions, be friendly, positive and don't forget to smile. GL

How were u notified of your acceptance??

thanks

does anyone know how they notify of acceptances?

Thanks

how long does it take them to tell u ur acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
i found out about 2 weeks later by regular mail that i got in. it might take less time if you live closer to boston though (im all the way out in california). my aadsas was not updated until today however (about 3 weeks after the interview), so check the mailbox before the website for news.

i found out about 2 weeks later by regular mail that i got in. it might take less time if you live closer to boston though (im all the way out in california). my aadsas was not updated until today however (about 3 weeks after the interview), so check the mailbox before the website for news.

was it a big envelope, or a little letter?? thanks. :)

it was in a big envelope, but a big envelope doesnt guarantee anything b/c i got a big one from tufts and it was a waitlist! good luck!

i interviewed about 2 weeks ago...called in today to ask about my status and she said that it'd be about the same as it was 2 weeks ago.....that i wouldn't hear until about 4-6 weeks? weird...because everyone else has heard 2 weeks after their interviews

the interview is a joke. u have about 15 minutes to present your motto.
its like a 'hollywood' audition... if u look good then u get in.

Oh Congratulations on ur acceptance, i hope i get in too.

what sort of questions were you guys asked?.. besides the 'why dentistry?' and 'why bu?'

i was interviewed by doctor shaw who is the associate dean of admissions at BU. she wanted to know why boston university, why boston, and why dentistry (as suspected). she also asked me what i felt my greatest qualities are and if i could change one thing about myself, if anything, what would it be. my advice is just to know your application, know your motivations behind going to BU, boston, and dental school, and most importantly know yourself. be honest and smile a lot. that's what i did and i heard back by mail in a week of my acceptance. best of luck. you'll do great.

Mention APEX. Also, people out here (east coast in general) like their egoes stroked so try to do some research on the interviewer.