Boston University Kira Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr825

Reaction score
Hi there! Wondering if anyone has completed BU's Kira Assessment yet. If so, were the questions similar to the practice ones? Did anything catch you off guard? Any curveballs?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! Wondering if anyone has completed BU's Kira Assessment yet. If so, were the questions similar to the practice ones? Did anything catch you off guard? Any curveballs?

Thanks in advance!
Have you heard back already? The email I got from them about my application being complete said that we'd hear back in November, so I just assumed it would be later in the month.

Thanks in advance!
Following this because I have it this week too. Didn’t realize I would have such little time to prepare.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks in advance!
Hello!
I completed my Kira Assessment today. My interview questions were very different from the practice questions. The practice questions seemed pretty generic admission-like questions. My actual interview questions were much more PT related and seemed to test my thinking process in tough/stressful situations as a future PT. There were also questions that had to do with important healthcare topics such as finances in healthcare and diversity in healthcare. Overall, I thought they were extremely fair questions.

Reactions: 1 user
do you think more people will hear back from BU, or do they send all their decisions out at once?
That is a good question. I am not sure; Interview are to be completed by November 11th so I assume they would want to give everyone the same amount of time to prep/complete. At the same time, I know that not everyone is required to do an interview. I assume everyone gets the final decision any time from now until mid/late December.

Have you heard back already? The email I got from them about my application being complete said that we'd hear back in November, so I just assumed it would be later in the month.
Hi! I received an email on Tuesday, November 2nd about my interview invite. I've been preparing for it ever since and its been really nerve wracking.

Hello!
I completed my Kira Assessment today. My interview questions were very different from the practice questions. The practice questions seemed pretty generic admission-like questions. My actual interview questions were much more PT related and seemed to test my thinking process in tough/stressful situations as a future PT. There were also questions that had to do with important healthcare topics such as finances in healthcare and diversity in healthcare. Overall, I thought they were extremely fair questions.
Did you prepare before the Assessment? just trying to gauge if it's worth even preparing at all if it's scenario-based questions

I finished mine last night and it's due 11/11 for me. It was pretty fair and there were a good number of situation questions but it's nothing you can study for. They just want to see your clinical reasoning and see how you approach things. It wasn't hard at all and I'm sure you'll be fine!
Did you prepare before the Assessment? just trying to gauge if it's worth even preparing at all if it's scenario-based questions

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I went through the practice questions a few times as well as practiced using some questions I found online. I would also recommend practicing just using the program to get used to the format of having 20 seconds to prep and then having a max two minute answer. But that's just my opinion! Good luck!