Boston University Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone check out the new stats on Predents for BU? Is it just me or did the GPA increase dramatically over the last year. Here's what I pulled from the website.

DAT 19.12
PAT 18
GPA overall 3.55
GPA Science 3.25

I remember their Overall GPA last year being somewhere around 3.2, or maybe I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

dnguyen said:
Did anyone check out the new stats on Predents for BU? Is it just me or did the GPA increase dramatically over the last year. Here's what I pulled from the website.

DAT 19.12
PAT 18
GPA overall 3.55
GPA Science 3.25

I remember their Overall GPA last year being somewhere around 3.2, or maybe I'm wrong.

i know..i couldnt believe my eyes either when i saw that. the science gpa seemed to remain the same though..as well as the DAT's.

pbure said:
i know..i couldnt believe my eyes either when i saw that. the science gpa seemed to remain the same though..as well as the DAT's.

Did they update every schools info? I can't tell...

Members don't see this ad :)
The numbers on predents.com haven't changed yet. Those numbers haven't been updated based on the class that's entering in 2006. Those numbers may have been even higher for the 2006 entering class, along with those coming in for 2007.

thehipster said:
The numbers on predents.com haven't changed yet. Those numbers haven't been updated based on the class that's entering in 2006. Those numbers may have been even higher for the 2006 entering class, along with those coming in for 2007.

Really? Are you sure...because it does literally say:

This information was taken directly from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed. This is only a fraction of the useful info contained in the book and is almost mandatory for every dental applicant. Click here to buy the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed

Those are the stats for the 2006 class, am I wrong? That's misleading. :(

dnguyen said:
Really? Are you sure...because it does literally say:

This information was taken directly from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed. This is only a fraction of the useful info contained in the book and is almost mandatory for every dental applicant. Click here to buy the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed

Those are the stats for the 2006 class, am I wrong? That's misleading. :(

No it's for the 2005 entering class..I dont think last years data has been compiled yet. I think the adea will release the 45th edition sometime in february with the new 2006 stats

pbure said:
No it's for the 2005 entering class..I dont think last years data has been compiled yet. I think the adea will release the 45th edition sometime in february with the new 2006 stats

I believe this is correct. You will see the 2006 stats on a school website before they're published. The book is always a year behind from my understanding.