• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Boston University Stats

dnguyen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
  1. Pre-Dental
    Did anyone check out the new stats on Predents for BU? Is it just me or did the GPA increase dramatically over the last year. Here's what I pulled from the website.

DAT 19.12
    PAT 18
    GPA overall 3.55
    GPA Science 3.25

I remember their Overall GPA last year being somewhere around 3.2, or maybe I'm wrong.

pbure

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 22, 2004
    Canada
      dnguyen said:
      Did anyone check out the new stats on Predents for BU? Is it just me or did the GPA increase dramatically over the last year. Here's what I pulled from the website.

DAT 19.12
      PAT 18
      GPA overall 3.55
      GPA Science 3.25

I remember their Overall GPA last year being somewhere around 3.2, or maybe I'm wrong.

i know..i couldnt believe my eyes either when i saw that. the science gpa seemed to remain the same though..as well as the DAT's.

About the Ads

thehipster

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 4, 2006
      NYC
      1. Dental Student
        The numbers on predents.com haven't changed yet. Those numbers haven't been updated based on the class that's entering in 2006. Those numbers may have been even higher for the 2006 entering class, along with those coming in for 2007.

dnguyen

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Nov 7, 2005
        1. Pre-Dental
          thehipster said:
          The numbers on predents.com haven't changed yet. Those numbers haven't been updated based on the class that's entering in 2006. Those numbers may have been even higher for the 2006 entering class, along with those coming in for 2007.

Really? Are you sure...because it does literally say:

This information was taken directly from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed. This is only a fraction of the useful info contained in the book and is almost mandatory for every dental applicant. Click here to buy the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed

Those are the stats for the 2006 class, am I wrong? That's misleading. :(

pbure

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Aug 22, 2004
          Canada
            dnguyen said:
            Really? Are you sure...because it does literally say:

This information was taken directly from the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed. This is only a fraction of the useful info contained in the book and is almost mandatory for every dental applicant. Click here to buy the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, 44th Ed

Those are the stats for the 2006 class, am I wrong? That's misleading. :(

No it's for the 2005 entering class..I dont think last years data has been compiled yet. I think the adea will release the 45th edition sometime in february with the new 2006 stats

jorUW

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Feb 22, 2006
            Seattle
            1. Dental Student
              pbure said:
              No it's for the 2005 entering class..I dont think last years data has been compiled yet. I think the adea will release the 45th edition sometime in february with the new 2006 stats

I believe this is correct. You will see the 2006 stats on a school website before they're published. The book is always a year behind from my understanding.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.