Boston University vs. Tufts?

Started by rf0808
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rf0808

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! i got accepted into BU, Tufts, VCU, UDM, and NYU on December 13th. I absolutely love VCU but the cost of attendance ends up being higher than BU or Tufts since I'm an "out of state" applicant for all these schools. Right now I'm leaning towards BU or TUFTS. Both schools are in Boston so I was wondering if I could get an input as to why I should choose one over the other? Both have a similar cost of attendance. Thanks!!!!
 
how much higher is the total COA for VCU?

Hi everyone! i got accepted into BU, Tufts, VCU, UDM, and NYU on December 13th. I absolutely love VCU but the cost of attendance ends up being higher than BU or Tufts since I'm an "out of state" applicant for all these schools. Right now I'm leaning towards BU or TUFTS. Both schools are in Boston so I was wondering if I could get an input as to why I should choose one over the other? Both have a similar cost of attendance. Thanks!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! i got accepted into BU, Tufts, VCU, UDM, and NYU on December 13th. I absolutely love VCU but the cost of attendance ends up being higher than BU or Tufts since I'm an "out of state" applicant for all these schools. Right now I'm leaning towards BU or TUFTS. Both schools are in Boston so I was wondering if I could get an input as to why I should choose one over the other? Both have a similar cost of attendance. Thanks!!!!

Per my estimated calculations for 2024-2025, BU is cheaper than Tufts by ~ $40k-45k. Rhetorically speaking, did anything stand out at Tufts that you would consider a must and is absolutely worth the increased price?
 
Last edited: