You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Boston University Waitlist
Started by kwc1979
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dgdgf
kwc1979 said:Anyone else hear they are on the BU waitlist? I don't know how I feel about it. I was expecting a rejection at this point so I guess it's better than nothing. I'm definitely keeping my name on it. Hopefully it will move pretty fast!
When did you get the letter indicating that you were placed on the waitlist? I was deferred back in January and still haven't heard anything... that def. can't be a good sgn. 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shorty43 said:When did you get the letter indicating that you were placed on the waitlist? I was deferred back in January and still haven't heard anything... that def. can't be a good sgn. 👎
Today....I live Nevada so it probably took some time to get to me. It was dated 3/22/05.
kwc1979 said:Anyone else hear they are on the BU waitlist? I don't know how I feel about it. I was expecting a rejection at this point so I guess it's better than nothing. I'm definitely keeping my name on it. Hopefully it will move pretty fast!
I got waitlisted today also. I, too, was expecting a flat out rejection at this point, although my interview went very, very well. I'm not sure what to do about it. At my interview, Dean Witzburg said that the waitlist is very small and so does the actual letter I got. So, I imagine we're doing all right.
Did you guys find out via snail mail or email? Where is my damn letter?! I live in Mass for goodness sake.
skiracer90 said:Did you guys find out via snail mail or email? Where is my damn letter?! I live in Mass for goodness sake.
I got it via snail mail. I live on the west coast, and it arrived today but was dated 3.22.
Ambs said:I got it via snail mail. I live on the west coast, and it arrived today but was dated 3.22.
Well, maybe they just decided to keep me waiting for a lovely rejection letter.
skiracer90 said:Well, maybe they just decided to keep me waiting for a lovely rejection letter.
Yea I live in Mass too...im waiting for A letter too...i guess with the timing of it, it will be a rejection letter!
chika
skiracer90 said:Did you guys find out via snail mail or email? Where is my damn letter?! I live in Mass for goodness sake.
I got it on Friday via snail mail, and I also live in MA. Hopefully what Dean Witzburg said about a decent chance from the waiting list is true! Good luck everyone!
Got the waitlist letter Saturday as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Add me to the waitlist pile.
skiracer90 said:Add me to the waitlist pile.
Add me too!!! Damn I am starting to hate waitlists now..
chika
chika_NYC said:Add me too!!! Damn I am starting to hate waitlists now..
chika
Ditto... better than all rejections right? Glass is always half-full. Got the letter today living in Southern Cali.
My name is also slapped on the waitlist at BU. Quick question...did anyone write Dean W that letter he spoke about (telling them why you want to go to BU so badly)? I didn't. Just wanted to know...congrats all...and lots of luck 

sweetpeamd09 said:My name is also slapped on the waitlist at BU. Quick question...did anyone write Dean W that letter he spoke about (telling them why you want to go to BU so badly)? I didn't. Just wanted to know...congrats all...and lots of luck![]()
Yeah, I wrote a letter. Apparently, that didn't really matter. Oh well.
Shorty43 said:Ditto... better than all rejections right? Glass is always half-full. Got the letter today living in Southern Cali.
yup, i'm on the waitlist too...somebody once told me that waitlists are another way of saying PFO, i.e. please f*** off...given that i'm on 8 waitlists, i'll believe that theory until proven wrong ... 😉
i withdrew my acceptance from BU today...got my fingers crossed that this helps one of you out! 🙂 good luck!
I got the waitlist letter too. I was just glad it wasn't a rejection!
What do you guys think about BU's jumping 13 spots to #28 in the US News Rankings? Not to be a downer, but I think that doesn't bode well for us. Someone who is using the rankings as a major criterion in picking a school (which is stupid, I know, but people do it) would probably be more likely to go there now. Maybe I am overthinking it.
GhungrooGuy said:i withdrew my acceptance from BU today...got my fingers crossed that this helps one of you out! 🙂 good luck!
Withdrew my acceptance from BU today, too! Best of luck, guys!!!!!
Add me to the waitlist club. At least it isnt a rejection. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed again ***sigh***
has anyone heard anything about the bu waitlist lately?
doozenberg said:has anyone heard anything about the bu waitlist lately?
I called them last week and they said that they haven't had much movement on the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cammy1313 said:I just rescinded my acceptance yesterday so hopefullly one of you will get good news soon!
whats the deal? why no waitlist movement?
simone said:whats the deal? why no waitlist movement?
bump
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K