Boston University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tracy47

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Is anyone else NOT getting an interview at Boston University when their stats are way above the average there? I haven't heard from BU and my application has been completed for a good month. My aadsas update dated 9/20. :eek: Does that mean I won't be getting an interview? It's disappointing since it's supposed to be one of my backups. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Tracy47 said:
Hi!

Is anyone else NOT getting an interview at Boston University when their stats are way above the average there? I haven't heard from BU and my application has been completed for a good month. My aadsas update dated 9/20. :eek: Does that mean I won't be getting an interview? It's disappointing since it's supposed to be one of my backups. :oops:

same situation here..

No love from Boston either yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
me neither, but I'm guessing that its just the way that they have catagorized their applicants. We might be getting the interviews a littler bit later on during the process.

I know people with lower stats than me who have received interview invitations right away, and I completed mine pretty early too. so PO.... :(

Not sure how BU picks their applicants for interviews. 2 of my friends that are at Tufts right now, failed to get interview invites from BU.

That being said, I would still expect you guys to get interviews. I hear that BU is breaking records with applications recieved so far. Chances are that things are progessing a little slower, so your time will come. Good luck.

same here...

I got an email from Boston saying they are not reviewing their applications until November 11. Copied below is the first line of the e-mail.
"Today, we received your electronic application from the American
Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). All
completed applications will be reviewed after November 11, 2005"

Calm down...In due time~!

I'm in the same boat. I have a 26/25/19 and a 3.3 Overall, 3.1 Science and haven't heard a peep out of BU or Tufts. My application was mailed August 19th by AADSAS.

coreyb said:
No love from Boston either yet.

What is alternate list. ? Would you explain little bit? it is a sort of waiting list for interview?/

thank you

Same here. My stats are above BU's and ADDSAS was mailed out in mid July.
I got an email from Ms. Weber yesterday saying that "Thank you for your interest in Boston University.We would like to update our
applicants regarding some issues that have been coming up during the application process." Basically, it just told me to check my ADDSAS every week for updates. Looks like they just got my file into their system, and nothing else.

kimsaekyu said:
What is alternate list. ? Would you explain little bit? it is a sort of waiting list for interview?/

thank you

Waiting/alternate list means that if an accepted student declines their acceptance then those students on alternate list will be next in line to get their spot. Usually a school will interview an applicant for alternate list or places an applicant on alternate list after an interview if 1) school has too many applicants already for interviews and expect that their class will be filled and/or 2) grades are not as competitive as other applicants

I just interviewed at BU and i liked it a lot. Does anyone know how many acceptances they usually give out? and at the interview, the faculty said they crossed a record with 2700 applications up to date and that is prob why they are really slow....