Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitechapel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from this program yet??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted yesterday. Wahoo! although...i am a bit suprised b/c 1) they notified me on saturday and 2) it's not feb yet. Anyone else got accepted? Thoughts on the program?

Just got accepted yesterday. Wahoo! although...i am a bit suprised b/c 1) they notified me on saturday and 2) it's not feb yet. Anyone else got accepted? Thoughts on the program?

i got accepted yesterday too! def a surprise getting the email on a saturday! I really like the program, i visited last year when I was in the Boston area...i'm pretty sure i'm going to go there!!

@Siracha and Zappa33 if you guys don't mind can you share your stats? I also applied to Boston University but I haven't heard anything from them :(

yea sure, hey im from UC Irvine too!

Major: Biological Sciences- University of California, Irvine
Overall GPA: 3.18 (They included grades i received college courses from when I was in HIGH SCHOOL :mad:...had like 3Cs and1 D, 5 semester units each! thats allllot considering 4 quarter units =2.67 semester units)
Core PT GPA: 3.18 according to PTCAS, but 3.47 according to BU
GRE: 1230 V:460 Q:770 AW: 3.5
Observation hours: ~1500 outpatient from 2 offices
Interviews: None
Acceptance: BU
Rejections: NU, UIC, UCSF, MGH (asked for feedback. All sed my overall GPA was too low comparing w/ avg 3.7-3.8 ppl)

Good luck! call them, see if they have a waiting list??

@Siracha and Zappa33 if you guys don't mind can you share your stats? I also applied to Boston University but I haven't heard anything from them :(

Overall GPA:3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.66
GRE:
420(v) 690(q) 3.5(a)
590 (v) 550 (q) 3.5 (a)

Volunteer: 240 outpatient ortho, 120 inpatient neuro

Applied: BU, MGH, Simmons, Columbia, Touro (Manhattan), Drexel, Arcadia, Thomas Jefferson

Acceptances: Touro, Drexel, Arcadia, BU

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: Drexel, Simmons (withdrew), Columbia (withdrew)

I'm getting kinda nervous. I still have not heard from BU either. You think they have sent out all of their acceptances? Here are my stats btw:

University: Mercyhurst College (Erie, PA)
Major: Sports Medicine Pre-Physical Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.65 (3.57 PTCAS)
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.55 (3.49 PTCAS)
Upper-division GPA: 3.81 (3.77 PTCAS)
GRE: 700 (Q), 410 (V), 5.0 (AW)

Extra-Curricular: Mercyhurst College Varsity Tennis Team, Mercyhurst College Tennis Team Assistant Coach, Sports Medicine Student Association (Mercyhurst), Student Athlete Advisory Board (Mercyhurst Athletic Department), Special Olympics Trainer/Coach

Volunteer: 374 hours outpatient, 36 hours inpatient, 14 hours sports medicine

Applied: BU, Northeastern, UMass Lowell, UNC, Elon, Duquesne, University of Missouri, UNF, UCF, Nova, University of Florida, University of Miami (FL), University of Wisconsin (Madison), Long Island, Armstrong Atlantic

Acceptances: University of Wisconsin (Madison), UNF

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: UCF, UNC, Elon, Nova, U of Miami (declined), Armstrong (declined), Long Island

I really want to get into UNC. Anybody think I got a shot?

Yeah got an email on Saturday afternoon!! Strange that they don't have interviews.

MTAC, Just out of curiosity's sake.. why did you decline the interviews at Armstrong and UM?

Good luck on your other choices!!

Has anyone figured out the total cost (tuition) of the program @ BU? I came up with about 117K...

It's probably MORE than that...=/:
http://www.bu.edu/sargent/admissions/costs-loans-scholarships/tuition-fees-payment/

Anyways, for those who are thinking of going, what about the school you like (be specific), and any concerns? How is the faculty - doesn't seem I can find a lot about them on the website. This cud be a question for current students as well!

Much appreciated!

Has anyone figured out the total cost (tuition) of the program @ BU? I came up with about 117K...

for anybody that has been accepted...have you received the acceptance packet in the mail? i got the acceptance email a week ago but still waiting to receive all the info via regular mail. thanks!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also am anxiously awaiting news! I emailed them a few weeks ago to make sure everything was in and complete because I haven't heard anything since I submitted the application in October and the lady I spoke to said she just got it ready to be reviewed by faculty. So you guys heard via email on a Saturday? Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news then...