-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Boston University
Started by whitechapel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When will I know if I am accepted?
Accepted applicants will be notified in writing by mid-February.
Per http://www.bu.edu/sargent/academics...tic-training/doctor-of-physical-therapy/faqs/
Accepted applicants will be notified in writing by mid-February.
Per http://www.bu.edu/sargent/academics...tic-training/doctor-of-physical-therapy/faqs/
Huh. I don't get how they are accepting students in mid-Feb, and keep acceptance to 60 people...and have an info session in Feb. Surely not all accepted students will accept the acceptance. Do they have a waiting list??
When will I know if I am accepted?
Accepted applicants will be notified in writing by mid-February.
Per http://www.bu.edu/sargent/academics...tic-training/doctor-of-physical-therapy/faqs/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted yesterday. Wahoo! although...i am a bit suprised b/c 1) they notified me on saturday and 2) it's not feb yet. Anyone else got accepted? Thoughts on the program?
i got accepted yesterday too! def a surprise getting the email on a saturday! I really like the program, i visited last year when I was in the Boston area...i'm pretty sure i'm going to go there!!
@Siracha and Zappa33 if you guys don't mind can you share your stats? I also applied to Boston University but I haven't heard anything from them 🙁
yea sure, hey im from UC Irvine too!
Major: Biological Sciences- University of California, Irvine
Overall GPA: 3.18 (They included grades i received college courses from when I was in HIGH SCHOOL 😡...had like 3Cs and1 D, 5 semester units each! thats allllot considering 4 quarter units =2.67 semester units)
Core PT GPA: 3.18 according to PTCAS, but 3.47 according to BU
GRE: 1230 V:460 Q:770 AW: 3.5
Observation hours: ~1500 outpatient from 2 offices
Interviews: None
Acceptance: BU
Rejections: NU, UIC, UCSF, MGH (asked for feedback. All sed my overall GPA was too low comparing w/ avg 3.7-3.8 ppl)
Good luck! call them, see if they have a waiting list??
Major: Biological Sciences- University of California, Irvine
Overall GPA: 3.18 (They included grades i received college courses from when I was in HIGH SCHOOL 😡...had like 3Cs and1 D, 5 semester units each! thats allllot considering 4 quarter units =2.67 semester units)
Core PT GPA: 3.18 according to PTCAS, but 3.47 according to BU
GRE: 1230 V:460 Q:770 AW: 3.5
Observation hours: ~1500 outpatient from 2 offices
Interviews: None
Acceptance: BU
Rejections: NU, UIC, UCSF, MGH (asked for feedback. All sed my overall GPA was too low comparing w/ avg 3.7-3.8 ppl)
Good luck! call them, see if they have a waiting list??
@Siracha and Zappa33 if you guys don't mind can you share your stats? I also applied to Boston University but I haven't heard anything from them 🙁
@Siracha and Zappa33 if you guys don't mind can you share your stats? I also applied to Boston University but I haven't heard anything from them 🙁
Overall GPA:3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.66
GRE:
420(v) 690(q) 3.5(a)
590 (v) 550 (q) 3.5 (a)
Volunteer: 240 outpatient ortho, 120 inpatient neuro
Applied: BU, MGH, Simmons, Columbia, Touro (Manhattan), Drexel, Arcadia, Thomas Jefferson
Acceptances: Touro, Drexel, Arcadia, BU
Rejections: None yet
Interviews: Drexel, Simmons (withdrew), Columbia (withdrew)
I'm getting kinda nervous. I still have not heard from BU either. You think they have sent out all of their acceptances? Here are my stats btw:
University: Mercyhurst College (Erie, PA)
Major: Sports Medicine Pre-Physical Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.65 (3.57 PTCAS)
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.55 (3.49 PTCAS)
Upper-division GPA: 3.81 (3.77 PTCAS)
GRE: 700 (Q), 410 (V), 5.0 (AW)
Extra-Curricular: Mercyhurst College Varsity Tennis Team, Mercyhurst College Tennis Team Assistant Coach, Sports Medicine Student Association (Mercyhurst), Student Athlete Advisory Board (Mercyhurst Athletic Department), Special Olympics Trainer/Coach
Volunteer: 374 hours outpatient, 36 hours inpatient, 14 hours sports medicine
Applied: BU, Northeastern, UMass Lowell, UNC, Elon, Duquesne, University of Missouri, UNF, UCF, Nova, University of Florida, University of Miami (FL), University of Wisconsin (Madison), Long Island, Armstrong Atlantic
Acceptances: University of Wisconsin (Madison), UNF
Rejections: None yet
Interviews: UCF, UNC, Elon, Nova, U of Miami (declined), Armstrong (declined), Long Island
I really want to get into UNC. Anybody think I got a shot?
University: Mercyhurst College (Erie, PA)
Major: Sports Medicine Pre-Physical Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.65 (3.57 PTCAS)
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.55 (3.49 PTCAS)
Upper-division GPA: 3.81 (3.77 PTCAS)
GRE: 700 (Q), 410 (V), 5.0 (AW)
Extra-Curricular: Mercyhurst College Varsity Tennis Team, Mercyhurst College Tennis Team Assistant Coach, Sports Medicine Student Association (Mercyhurst), Student Athlete Advisory Board (Mercyhurst Athletic Department), Special Olympics Trainer/Coach
Volunteer: 374 hours outpatient, 36 hours inpatient, 14 hours sports medicine
Applied: BU, Northeastern, UMass Lowell, UNC, Elon, Duquesne, University of Missouri, UNF, UCF, Nova, University of Florida, University of Miami (FL), University of Wisconsin (Madison), Long Island, Armstrong Atlantic
Acceptances: University of Wisconsin (Madison), UNF
Rejections: None yet
Interviews: UCF, UNC, Elon, Nova, U of Miami (declined), Armstrong (declined), Long Island
I really want to get into UNC. Anybody think I got a shot?
MTAC, Just out of curiosity's sake.. why did you decline the interviews at Armstrong and UM?
Good luck on your other choices!!
Good luck on your other choices!!
It's probably MORE than that...=/:
http://www.bu.edu/sargent/admissions/costs-loans-scholarships/tuition-fees-payment/
Anyways, for those who are thinking of going, what about the school you like (be specific), and any concerns? How is the faculty - doesn't seem I can find a lot about them on the website. This cud be a question for current students as well!
Much appreciated!
http://www.bu.edu/sargent/admissions/costs-loans-scholarships/tuition-fees-payment/
Anyways, for those who are thinking of going, what about the school you like (be specific), and any concerns? How is the faculty - doesn't seem I can find a lot about them on the website. This cud be a question for current students as well!
Much appreciated!
Has anyone figured out the total cost (tuition) of the program @ BU? I came up with about 117K...
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also am anxiously awaiting news! I emailed them a few weeks ago to make sure everything was in and complete because I haven't heard anything since I submitted the application in October and the lady I spoke to said she just got it ready to be reviewed by faculty. So you guys heard via email on a Saturday? Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news then...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K