Botany/Ecology Undergrad Research for Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student2390

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get into med school to do pathology, but I'm also interested in botany and have spoken with a professor about joining their botany/environmental research team. Should I continue with that, or should I look into doing more microbiology and medical research?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to get into med school to do pathology, but I'm also interested in botany and have spoken with a professor about joining their botany/environmental research team. Should I continue with that, or should I look into doing more microbiology and medical research?

Any research is good especially if you're interested in it. I think as long as you're going through the scientific method process and familiarizing yourself with how it works it's ok. I know a decent amount of people who did psychology or sociology research and they were fine. I think ecology/botany would be cool especially if you enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 users
Anything that teaches you about the scientific method is fine, even if it's on the sex life of plants.