Bother with Touro interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SMLynch

Hello,
I was hoping to get a little advice... I have been accepted into Western U and have an interview at UNECOM next month (I live in the northeast, so I figured what the heck...) I have just received an invite for an interview at Touro. Since it is so new, I do not know too much about the school, and I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth making the trip for the interview, or to just work with what I got?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

SMLynch, If you want to move to the west, I think WesternU is really a better choice for you. As you may have read the other posts, Touro is new but has a great potential and is the only DO school that affiliate with Kaiser Permanente. On the other hand, WesternU is rated number 1 in the nation in producing primary care (1996). It also has a proven record of high quality medical training. If I were you, i will save the airticket and $1000 deposit at WesternU (i presume you did) , enjoy this year before suffering a heavy load of science courses right in the first semester at COMP. good luck at UNECOM.

I would like to know who told you Western U is #1 in the Nation? Last time I checked US news and world report had West Virginia as the highest rated osteopathic school with Michigan state Nova and New England and one other in the top 50 of the nation. Western U not even mentioned other than that Look at Ohio ...higher rated than Western U. Doesn't matter anyway all osteopathic schools are good so choose the one that best fits your needs and be happy with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dano, I'm sure that I typed "WesternU is rated number 1 in the nation in producing primary care (1996)". I did not say that school is number on in the nation. Besides, I'm not too dumb to say so because everybody has his/her own opinion about what is the best. That rating based on the number of graduate who entered primary care in 1996, and that was a fact, not opinion. I'm sorry if i make you misunderstood.

I was just at TUCOM on Monday the 18th. If you need alot of structure, this program is most not likely for you. I don't know much about the board passing rate (the med student tour guide didn't know the stats) and the school campus is still 'under development' in many areas. My impression is that the staff and faculty really work with the students.

anyhow, if want to get more scoop, please post here. I am currently emailing from a work account....:0
thanxs

MSlynch, i would definetly suggest WesternU, I agree with moon, you should send the $1000 to the school, eventhough its a steep deposit.

Good luck