BoWWling - Sign Up Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is now the BoWWling sign ups thread. Disregard all things that were here before. Cycle timing will be 36/12 or hybrid. Start date is maybe Wednesday the 19th. Direct all questions to @cubsrule4e!

@Melchizedek and crew will be running Assassination Classroom next to fulfil your basics WW needs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How should I put myself down if I really shouldn't play right now because I'm too busy at work, but can be put into BoWWling if cubs winds up in a position where he needs exactly 1 more to run it?

and I do really love Basics.

ack.

• Care
Sign-ups-

Players:
3. Alley (will play both, starting either game first is fine, starting school so prefer 36/12)
Etc

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
Etc

• Love
How should I put myself down if I really shouldn't play right now because I'm too busy at work, but can be put into BoWWling if cubs winds up in a position where he needs exactly 1 more to run it?

and I do really love Basics.

ack.

You just sign up for both as usual since youre too addicteeedddddd

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Players:
1. Lawpy (?? order preference, Bowling, ?? cycle length)
3. Alley (No order preference, Both, prefer 36/12)
7. Dubz (No order preference, Bowling, prefer hybrid)
Etc

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc

@PippyPony its a sign! You gotta play too.

FC8AF4CE-053F-4CA6-B1F3-E9EB58E527F0.jpeg

Players:
1. Lawpy (insert preferences here)
7. Dubz (No order preference, Bowling only, prefer hybrid)
15. Cubs (No order preference, Modding Bowling, playing Basics, hybrid 36/12->12/12)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
Etc

Oh right I guess I gotta sign up too!

Players:
1. Lawpy (insert preferences here)
7. Dubz (No order preference, Bowling only, prefer hybrid)
15. Cubs (No order preference, Modding Bowling, playing Basics, hybrid 36/12->12/12)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
Etc

Oh right I guess I gotta sign up too!
Ninja'd you with edits ;)

Players:

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Ok well I'm gonna pretend that I have any semblance of self control at least until the end of today, but let's assume that I'll take the #17 spot in both games.

and if someone takes my spot, then I'll take my other usual number of hiding under the couch.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So is there any reason people choose specific numbers? Just looking for a lucky number with RNG?

I'm up for either with no order preference but only with 36/12 (or maybe hybrid? Not sure exactly what that involves) because I feel like I'll hold a 12/12 game back.

Ok well I'm gonna pretend that I have any semblance of self control at least until the end of today, but let's assume that I'll take the #17 spot in both games.

and if someone takes my spot, then I'll take my other usual number of hiding under the couch.
Hypothetically speaking would you prefer the hypothetical hybrid cycle length?

So is there any reason people choose specific numbers? Just looking for a lucky number with RNG?

I'm up for either with no order preference but only with 36/12 (or maybe hybrid? Not sure exactly what that involves) because I feel like I'll hold a 12/12 game back.
Just favorite numbers! Some games have PMs between players based on roster position, so sometimes people will sign up next to players they want to be able to PM with too.

Hybrid means the game starts at 36/12 and at some point may accelerate to 12/12, usually near the end of the game.

The numbers are just kind of a tradition thing, or favorite numbers, etc.

The hybrid cycles starts at 36/12 to give plenty of time for evaluation and people who are busy early in the game. Once there are just a handful of players left the cycle switches to 12 hour day and night since theres much less talking and participation so that the game doesnt stall out and get boring just waiting around.

I’m down, i think either game will be fine (let’s be real I’ll be dead fast) and idk about cycle length

• Wow
Players:
2. youngkal (no preferences yet)
under the couch. shorty (No order preference, Both, hybrid)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc

excuse me I said we were waiting until the end of the day so I could pretend I have any impulse control

she said, buying more cross stitch patterns as we speak

some day I'm gonna ask @genny to teach me how to make cool bags and stuff so I can take my crafting addiction to the next level

• Care
excuse me I said we were waiting until the end of the day so I could pretend I have any impulse control

some day I'm gonna ask @genny to teach me how to make cool bags and stuff so I can take my crafting addiction to the next level
That's why you're in italics!

Make blankets pls

Two sign ups in the same thread? What’s happening?

I will say that if people aren't like, dying to play a basics game right now, I can always run it ~later~ to give preference to things that have been on the "ready to go" list longer. Especially since I've got the 10th anniversary game coming up soon. I wanted to offer it in case the nooblets wanted it as a transitional game to playing with everyone, but if they're ready to jump into our more typical role madness stuff then it doesn't bother me to postpone.

Okay so my life is a hot mess rn which definitely means I need a distraction. I will happily play bowwling since it's basically got mythological levels of hype now but probably not up for a basics game. Oh, and if it's anything shorter than 36/12 I am probably going to fail spectacularly at getting on thread in time lol

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Players:
4. meats (Bowling only, 36/12)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc

Players:
4. meats (Bowing only, 36/12)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc
Thank you for doing this for me, every time I quote lists and try to edit them SDN gives me the finger wag of shame :laugh:

:nono:

• Care
Thank you for doing this for me, every time I quote lists and try to edit them SDN gives me the finger wag of shame :laugh:

:nono:
SDN is a bitch about all kinds of posts lately. I was trying to edit the OP to reflect that I'd be fine postponing Basics for later on if there isn't a lot of interest right now, but it won't let me.

Reactions: 1 users
@bluestoat Basics would be a great first game for Mr. stoaty to try out
I would like both, no order preference, will drag Mr Stoat into one of them by his furry tail if necessary.

36/12 cycles preferable because I'm clear of COVID and will be going to work again, and living life with a clean home and happy dog takes a surprising amount of time

• Love
Been keen to do basics for a while though, because you are really limited in certain mechanics (like fakeclaim) and have to enhance others (tracking statements, being resolute in your reads rather than easily talked out of them, etc)

Players:
5. genny (prefer to play both games simultaneously)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Players:
5. genny (prefer to play both games simultaneously)
14. Sporty (Bowling preferred, either cycle timing)

Subs:
Etc

Tots:
1. Lawpy (Basics)
Etc