Boy was I pissed....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsnp

DDSNP
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this past friday I bumped into a undergrad at work. I didn't even know her. She asked me what major I was and if i was pre-med. I told her no, and that I was pre-dentistry. The loser kept talking and asked me if i was pre-med and then switched to pre-dentistry and I said no. What really got me burning up is she went on and talked about how dentistry is easier, and for DUMBer students all while I was sitting there :eek: . I was like why the hell is she talking like this she doesn't know my stats...and dentistry was my first choice.

When I asked her what major she was she told me that she was pre-med, but didn't like it so she's going into grad school. I think thats bs. Most pre-meds switch when they know they can't make it. I also thought she was dumb because she then went on to say that you don't have to be smart for being a doctor because all you do is memorize things....I was going to puke on her.... I hate ignorant people and I think a lot of pre-meds (pre-health professionals) are really dumb-meaning they shouldn't be any kind of health professional. For some reason I got realllly mad...I could tell you that if I took the freaking MCATS and I really wanted to do medicine that I would also rock that test. If Medicine was your dream then do it...don't quit if you fail ur test once....

Conclusion: we don't need stupid dentists.

feels good to get that out....

Members don't see this ad.

I have read your post and incurred similar things in my undergraduate career, and it is not uncommon. There are always going to be folks who are going to try to tear down things you think are important and subsequently tear you down in the process. My pastor talks of this quite often and suggests that when others make you angry they are controlling you.

We can apply that reasoning to dentistry and many things in life. The fact is I have heard pre-dents say similar things that the pre-med student put out, which is most-disturbing of all. It begs the question why would someone feel that way about dentistry and classify themselves as a pre-dental student?

Some of the most gifted students I have met, had no interest in dentistry or medicine and seemed more concerned with computer science.

To make a long story short, do what you want in life because life is too short to let others ruin your days. Best of luck to you. Take care and GOD bless.

Sorry to hear about your encounter. People like that just aren't worth the blood pressure spike it costs you to talk to them. I usually just wish them the best and end the conversation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that person's simply not worth your time.

This is what you should do:

Instead of bashing her, and considering that she is semi-hot, you could start a relationship with her and engage in acts which put her in a inferior position where you can taunt and get her where it hurts, so to speak.

then you dump her.

she'll never disrespect another pre-dent again.

i wouldn't touch that thing even with my dental tools... :laugh:

dentwannabe said:
This is what you should do:

Instead of bashing her, and considering that she is semi-hot, you could start a relationship with her and engage in acts which put her in a inferior position where you can taunt and get her where it hurts, so to speak.

then you dump her.

she'll never disrespect another pre-dent again.

:laugh: Sounds like a plan. :thumbup:

But I agree. Don't worry about people like that.

Flipper405 said:
:laugh: Sounds like a plan. :thumbup:

But I agree. Don't worry about people like that.

Most med students are some of the fugliest looking things in the world. Especially the women! Nuff said.

hockeydentist said:
Most med students are some of the fugliest looking things in the world. Especially the women! Nuff said.

Two words: sugar mama. :D

Besides, "Beauty is skin deep....but ugly is to the bone". ;)

That's similar to someone from NASA talking down to a med. student. Some of us choose our profession based on our interest, or love for it. Many people are looking for status or to out do someone...a couple of things I could care less about.

ddsnp said:
So this past friday I bumped into a undergrad at work. I didn't even know her. She asked me what major I was and if i was pre-med. I told her no, and that I was pre-dentistry. The loser kept talking and asked me if i was pre-med and then switched to pre-dentistry and I said no. What really got me burning up is she went on and talked about how dentistry is easier, and for DUMBer students all while I was sitting there :eek: . I was like why the hell is she talking like this she doesn't know my stats...and dentistry was my first choice.

When I asked her what major she was she told me that she was pre-med, but didn't like it so she's going into grad school. I think thats bs. Most pre-meds switch when they know they can't make it. I also thought she was dumb because she then went on to say that you don't have to be smart for being a doctor because all you do is memorize things....I was going to puke on her.... I hate ignorant people and I think a lot of pre-meds (pre-health professionals) are really dumb-meaning they shouldn't be any kind of health professional. For some reason I got realllly mad...I could tell you that if I took the freaking MCATS and I really wanted to do medicine that I would also rock that test. If Medicine was your dream then do it...don't quit if you fail ur test once....

Conclusion: we don't need stupid dentists.

feels good to get that out....

so you didnt say what was your major? is your major "predent"? sounds very prestigious! if she's going to a top physics or math gradschool, i am sure she is smarter than pretty much all doctors or dentists.

and at my school, i havent noticed any math/physics majors talking about how smart they were. it's always the premeds/predents that take introductory courses like "mammalian physiology" or "cell metabolism" and think they're geniuses if they get an A. i never get into this discussions, because it would embarass me to even talk with such people... but i sometimes see on the course message boards where they discuss how smart they(we) are, without any merit.

I've found that the women that excell in medical or dental fields have a tendancy to love themselves because they're soooo sppecial. If they could, they would put a crown on themselves. They think that because it wasn't expected of them to get such a great education in a prestiguous field, that when they do it, the world should pause and take notice. They especially love to hear themselves talk. Suddenly all of their opinions are deep insights to life that everyone must hear and appreciate. Not all are like this, but I've seen it enough to know they're out there.

sorry peeps but only pre-meds, pre-dents, pre-everything talk about or care about these kinda topics. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Just chuckle next time and remind yourself that while she's in residency, you'll be making alot more money than her, in alot less time ;)
;)

kew said:
I've found that the women that excell in medical or dental fields have a tendancy to love themselves because they're soooo sppecial. If they could, they would put a crown on themselves. They think that because it wasn't expected of them to get such a great education in a prestiguous field, that when they do it, the world should pause and take notice. They especially love to hear themselves talk. Suddenly all of their opinions are deep insights to life that everyone must hear and appreciate. Not all are like this, but I've seen it enough to know they're out there.
right on! and i dont even see what they have to be proud of, when medicine and dentistry is like 50% female anyway. Now a woman in math/physics is really talented...

kew said:

That is true.

I think many pre-meds choose Med school be default. In other careers outside of med or dent you have to create yourself. In Med or Dent all you have to do is pass the exam and you are given a new identity as a "Doctor". Many pre-meds don't know how to stop going to school. I think they pursue more schooling because they are indecisive. Many choose Med school cuz they are afraid to try other things or their parents push them. The status of Med school and the promise of a future is what drives 75% of all pre-meds.

But the girl in the OP was probably just a dreamer who had no real chance at any school.

germ said:
That is true.

I think many pre-meds choose Med school be default. In other careers outside of med or dent you have to create yourself. In Med or Dent all you have to do is pass the exam and you are given a new identity as a "Doctor". Many pre-meds don't know how to stop going to school. I think they pursue more schooling because they are indecisive. Many choose Med school cuz they are afraid to try other things or their parents push them. The status of Med school and the promise of a future is what drives 75% of all pre-meds.

But the girl in the OP was probably just a dreamer who had no real chance at any school.
Isn't this true for everyone?

pre-meds doing more science then they need = NERD

now its time to stab her bro .. :thumbup: