BPCM Math classes

Started by EETTOMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EETTOMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
On the AMCAS it states the following for math classes
Math (MATH) - BCPM
 Applied Mathematics
 Mathematics
 Statistics
So which classes would fall under these categories, especially Applied mathematics and mathematics? I have taken the following as an undergrad
Calculus I, II and III
Differential Equations
Linear Algebra
Discrete Mathematics
Thanks for your help. 🙂
 
Hello,
On the AMCAS it states the following for math classes
Math (MATH) - BCPM
 Applied Mathematics
 Mathematics
 Statistics
So which classes would fall under these categories, especially Applied mathematics and mathematics? I have taken the following as an undergrad
Calculus I, II and III
Differential Equations
Linear Algebra
Discrete Mathematics
Thanks for your help. 🙂
See my signature. All math classes are BCPM.
 
See my signature. All math classes are BCPM.
Thanks Excelsius. What is a good sciGPA for having a decent shot at med school? I need to take orgo and bio to complete my pre-reqs, but I will surely also take classes on biochem, genetics and anatomy & physiology. Taking the orgo and bio will raise my BCPM gpa to 3.75. Is that somewhat competitive for taking a shot (MCAT apart)?
Thanks again. Really appreciate your help.
 
You want to have the highest GPA possible. 3.75 will be good since the national average for BCPM is somewhat lower than 3.7. It also depends where you're going to apply. Get the MSAR ($25) and go through it before you apply. Some top schools, like WashU, have an average of 3.9. Others are closer to 3.5.

Good luck.