Brachial Plexus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rangardrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone knew of any youtube vids or other video-based resources to help me better grasp the brachial plexus. I've found some helpful videos, and I've consulted multiple textbooks so far, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone happened to know some off the top of their heads. I just tend to better grasp things visually when it comes to complex structures. Anyways, thanks if you have any suggestions.

EDIT: One of the videos I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCdEVH_uq58

Members don't see this ad.

I have always loved Dr. Fabian's anatomy videos. He teaches at a community college in California, and he explains things very clearly. Here is his video on the brachial plexus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLzkBOVEX8&feature=related

You can click on his Youtube channel and watch his other videos. I highly recommend them.

My upper extremity assessment professor in my undergrad taught us a fantastic method for drawing it. I don't know about you, but actually drawing it out for myself was the most effective way to learn it. Try Googling drawing methods for the brachial plexus if that is something that might work for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
"How to draw the brachial plexus in 5 minutes"...there's a PDF/powerpoint out there that teaches you. Most profs will teach it in class too.

Sounds fascinating, can't wait until I get to learn all this stuff!

I found that simply trying to understand how the brachial plexus is organized basically led to me not needing to try and memorize how to draw it, then figure out which spinal nerves enter which trunk, division, cord, terminal branch, etc. Saved me a bunch of time and helped me to learn the innervation of the muscles from the specific nerve and that nerve's spinal levels. But whichever way works for you!

I think I have got a pretty decent handle on it now. I did a bunch of drawings in a sketchbook, watched a lot of videos, etc. It seems hitting anatomy on many fronts (reading, viewing, drawing, etc.) really helps me.