Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bracehead

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just wanted to ak about LECOM_FL. this for those interviewed, go to the school. I was just curious of how the interview went did u like the school. Is it a campus or just a building. I have never been to the tampa/ sarasota area and am just curious about the school and what you impression were. And i was curious as to what i should do to prepare for my interview there that is coming up soon.

Members don't see this ad.

bracehead said:
Hello,
I just wanted to ak about LECOM_FL. this for those interviewed, go to the school. I was just curious of how the interview went did u like the school. Is it a campus or just a building. I have never been to the tampa/ sarasota area and am just curious about the school and what you impression were. And i was curious as to what i should do to prepare for my interview there that is coming up soon.
It is a single and very nice building. Temp goes below 40 a couple three times a year. Cost of living is as high as you will find anywhere but double what you might find some places.Check feedback to prepare.
I think highly of this school and its students and faculty!

Hey...I interviewed there and really liked the PBL curriculum and location, but since it is so new (only in its second year) I am a bit weary. Its reputation has not really been established and they aren't accredited yet (but they will be as soon as they graduate a class). The school is only one building (a nice, brand-new one) but the rules are pretty strict. Professional dress (fancy clothes- no scrubs) EVERY DAY- 8 am to 5 pm. No drinks or food in entire building (except for cafeteria). If you can get past those things, I think it seems like a good place to go to school. I really like the idea of not being in lecture 8 hours a day, so PBL would be perfect for me. It depends on your personality and how you learn best.

I had my interview on 11/04, and I was impressed with the facility. Beautiful glass enclosed building was new and large. The people were also very nice, and the interview was really laid back. I was suprised by the large group of interviewees, but the interviews were individual. I had two laid back phsyicians interview me, and there were defin no surprises. Don't stay in the Budget Inn if you do go, I thought I'd save a penny and nothing but regret. Besides the dirty handprints all over from someone, there was a hole in the ceiling and the bathtub, not to mention it smelled worse than any bar I've been in. Splurge on yourself when it comes to the hotel:). Lastly, the area is quite isolated (I thought). Sure it's close to the beach, but let me tell you, the sand was covered in Medicare partients. it was like a mass migration of the elderly. However, the PBL program sounds incredible, and the good boards of those in Erie's PBL program speak positively about this innovative style of learning. I have to say, this is the school I'm most eager to hear from.