bracehead

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,
I just wanted to ak about LECOM_FL. this for those interviewed, go to the school. I was just curious of how the interview went did u like the school. Is it a campus or just a building. I have never been to the tampa/ sarasota area and am just curious about the school and what you impression were. And i was curious as to what i should do to prepare for my interview there that is coming up soon.

atrovariousg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
bracehead said:
Hello,
I just wanted to ak about LECOM_FL. this for those interviewed, go to the school. I was just curious of how the interview went did u like the school. Is it a campus or just a building. I have never been to the tampa/ sarasota area and am just curious about the school and what you impression were. And i was curious as to what i should do to prepare for my interview there that is coming up soon.
It is a single and very nice building. Temp goes below 40 a couple three times a year. Cost of living is as high as you will find anywhere but double what you might find some places.Check feedback to prepare.
I think highly of this school and its students and faculty!

License2IL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2005
Status
Hey...I interviewed there and really liked the PBL curriculum and location, but since it is so new (only in its second year) I am a bit weary. Its reputation has not really been established and they aren't accredited yet (but they will be as soon as they graduate a class). The school is only one building (a nice, brand-new one) but the rules are pretty strict. Professional dress (fancy clothes- no scrubs) EVERY DAY- 8 am to 5 pm. No drinks or food in entire building (except for cafeteria). If you can get past those things, I think it seems like a good place to go to school. I really like the idea of not being in lecture 8 hours a day, so PBL would be perfect for me. It depends on your personality and how you learn best.

jsmittyund03

Bob Schneider fan
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Honolulu, HI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I had my interview on 11/04, and I was impressed with the facility. Beautiful glass enclosed building was new and large. The people were also very nice, and the interview was really laid back. I was suprised by the large group of interviewees, but the interviews were individual. I had two laid back phsyicians interview me, and there were defin no surprises. Don't stay in the Budget Inn if you do go, I thought I'd save a penny and nothing but regret. Besides the dirty handprints all over from someone, there was a hole in the ceiling and the bathtub, not to mention it smelled worse than any bar I've been in. Splurge on yourself when it comes to the hotel:). Lastly, the area is quite isolated (I thought). Sure it's close to the beach, but let me tell you, the sand was covered in Medicare partients. it was like a mass migration of the elderly. However, the PBL program sounds incredible, and the good boards of those in Erie's PBL program speak positively about this innovative style of learning. I have to say, this is the school I'm most eager to hear from.