Brandeis or Bennington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quartertone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was recently accepted to the post-bac programs at Brandeis University (MA) and Bennington College (VT). I'm still waiting on responses from a few others (including UVM, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, and others). However, the deadlines for accepting the offers are closing in (4/15 and 4/3, respectively) and I'm worried that the other schools may not respond in time, or may be just too late. In any case, I'd like to know what people have to say about either program. I just want to have part of the deciding done before it gets to be too late.

thanks!
gary

Members don't see this ad.

I've been looking at both, and briefly considered Bennington.

I've been looking at both; 'Deis is more expensive, though they have linkage to Temple and GWU. If either of those schools is high on your list, it could be worth it.

Either school has a decent liberal-arts atmosphere; Brandeis is closer to the city and Bennington is more remote/rural/secluded.

It comes down to the environment you'd like to be in while you undergo your transformation from pre-med to med-school-ready, and the people you'd like to be surrounded with.

I'm graduating from Brandeis this month. If any one wants to PM me about what I thought of the premed stuff here feel free.