1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandeis or Bennington?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by quartertone, Mar 17, 2004.

1. quartertone

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi,
    I was recently accepted to the post-bac programs at Brandeis University (MA) and Bennington College (VT). I'm still waiting on responses from a few others (including UVM, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, and others). However, the deadlines for accepting the offers are closing in (4/15 and 4/3, respectively) and I'm worried that the other schools may not respond in time, or may be just too late. In any case, I'd like to know what people have to say about either program. I just want to have part of the deciding done before it gets to be too late.

thanks!
    gary

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

I've been looking at both, and briefly considered Bennington.

4. Febrifuge

Febrifuge Grizzled Old Newcomer
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I've been looking at both; 'Deis is more expensive, though they have linkage to Temple and GWU. If either of those schools is high on your list, it could be worth it.

Either school has a decent liberal-arts atmosphere; Brandeis is closer to the city and Bennington is more remote/rural/secluded.

It comes down to the environment you'd like to be in while you undergo your transformation from pre-med to med-school-ready, and the people you'd like to be surrounded with.

5. mikedc813

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm graduating from Brandeis this month. If any one wants to PM me about what I thought of the premed stuff here feel free.