Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all -
I spoke with Judith... ie the program director.
Brandeis University
Program Director Phone (781) 736-3461
Program Director Email [email protected]
City, State, Zip code Waltham, MA 02453 -2728
Program Contact Name Judith C. Hudson
Program Contact Email [email protected]
Program Contact Phone (781) 736-3461
Program Contact Fax 781-736-8710
---
http://services.aamc.org/postbac/vi...ificate Program&PROG_INST=Brandeis University
-----
And now I'm leaking this to you. According to her, Brandeis is in the midst of implementing a new "type" of Post-Bacc program for individuals that only need "certain" classes for a pre-med for a fast track to medical school. She told me more information would be available online (website, it's not an online program) in August.
Upon speaking with me further; since I have both my BS and MS... I'd be eligible to take the O Chem I and II + labs.. as well as a few advanced science courses w/ EITHER a research option or a study abroad option (I believe) to satisfy the requirements needed to earn the degree/cert.
It's too bad this begins NEXT year... she told me applications will probably be due on or around Oct. 1 and I've already applied for the HEP HCP.
Would be a great option for others out there like me!!!
Honestly, I know what I'm in for... and I'd wait, but I'm 26... I'd like to enroll into Med School at the latest 30 y/o. I'm on a drastic change from PhD in Exercise Physiology/Energy Metabolism to a career in medicine with a subpar GPA due to family circumstances that were out of my control. (I'm sure you all know my story by now b/c I've been whining about it enough.)
thanks to those of you who were supportive and keep an eye out for this program!!
G'luck!
I spoke with Judith... ie the program director.
Brandeis University
Program Director Phone (781) 736-3461
Program Director Email [email protected]
City, State, Zip code Waltham, MA 02453 -2728
Program Contact Name Judith C. Hudson
Program Contact Email [email protected]
Program Contact Phone (781) 736-3461
Program Contact Fax 781-736-8710
---
http://services.aamc.org/postbac/vi...ificate Program&PROG_INST=Brandeis University
-----
And now I'm leaking this to you. According to her, Brandeis is in the midst of implementing a new "type" of Post-Bacc program for individuals that only need "certain" classes for a pre-med for a fast track to medical school. She told me more information would be available online (website, it's not an online program) in August.
Upon speaking with me further; since I have both my BS and MS... I'd be eligible to take the O Chem I and II + labs.. as well as a few advanced science courses w/ EITHER a research option or a study abroad option (I believe) to satisfy the requirements needed to earn the degree/cert.
It's too bad this begins NEXT year... she told me applications will probably be due on or around Oct. 1 and I've already applied for the HEP HCP.
Would be a great option for others out there like me!!!
Honestly, I know what I'm in for... and I'd wait, but I'm 26... I'd like to enroll into Med School at the latest 30 y/o. I'm on a drastic change from PhD in Exercise Physiology/Energy Metabolism to a career in medicine with a subpar GPA due to family circumstances that were out of my control. (I'm sure you all know my story by now b/c I've been whining about it enough.)
thanks to those of you who were supportive and keep an eye out for this program!!
G'luck!