Brandeis vs. Duquesne Post bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regent08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am having a great deal of trouble deciding which school to go to for my post-bacc education. I've been accepted to Chapman University (in Orange, CA), Brandeis University, and Duquesne University.

I think I have narrowed it down to Brandeis and Duquesne because I feel like they have more established and structured classes, but I'm having a LOT of trouble deciding between these two. Brandeis seems to have a better location (I'm coming from California), but location isn't really the big factor for me since the program is only one or two years. However, Duquesne appeals to me because I could possibly get my Master's there (I should hear soon if I was accepted to that program, but they told me that usually people do), and if I get the Master's I would be able to have something to fall back on if med school doesn't work out. So I guess what it comes down to is which school I would perform better academically because for me what's really important is bringing up my science GPA. Does anyone know which school might have a better quality of education or classes that I would better succeed in? Or if anyone knows anything about the programs as a whole and the helpfulness in preparing you for med school and/or the MCAT, I would REALLY appreciate it. I have to tell them in about a week and a half, so I've been stressing a lot about this decision!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Or if people could rate their experiences at either Brandeis or Duquesne on the "Rate your post-bacc" post, that would be wonderful!