Brazos Loan Servicing--Terrible!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDF1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else required to use this service to pay their student loans? Is anyone satisfied with their "servicing"?

Ive just finished residency and my loans got transferred to this piece of garbage....The website is a joke. Very little information about your loans available, basically just your principal balance, and your due date...nothing about interest, term, nothing else at all. Its total junk. All the 'details' come in the mail. Come on...its 2012. No functionality to the website, cant make a payment, cant do anything. Making an extra payment REQUIRES a phone call. I tried setting it up through my bank and still hasnt worked,, the payment goes and is seemingly applied at random to wherever the chip falls that day. I have to call and have the payment reapplied to where I want it to go. They dont care that it sucks when you call either...

Not only that, they have their own idea about what loans you have. The titles given to my loans on the website are such as "stafford loan/grad plus loan/private loan/etc. The names they give are completely different and make communication impossible. They call it "ac loan" or some stupidity,...it gets worse, they lump your loans into groups with balances you dont know exist. I was told today my payment I tried to make went to my loan with an 80K balance!!! My highest loan balance is 40K!. I was pretty surprised to hear I had a loan w/ a balance of 80K

I dont understand how they can conduct business like this. I cant imagine that any person who is required to use their "service" is happy with it.

I guess after all this *****ing, I would like to know what options are available to me to change this...it seems like I have no ability or power to do anything about it, which makes it all that much worse.

The loans were transferred there from great lakes, which the website allows you access to all the information you could possibly want, with the ability to pay however you want, whenever you want all the way to submitting a deferment!!! How is that so hard. Highschool freshmen can create a more useful website than the clowns at Brazos...

Anyone else having same issues?

Members don't see this ad.