Breakin' up

Started by thegosis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am pursuing residency that is "9 to 5" which is very nice. Minimal stress and not so much on-call. Recently I met a lovely girl who doesn't seem to mind my past. I am so thankful for her! Thanks for asking!

I just read through this thread too. I wish you all the best.
 
I am pursuing residency that is "9 to 5" which is very nice. Minimal stress and not so much on-call. Recently I met a lovely girl who doesn't seem to mind my past. I am so thankful for her! Thanks for asking!

Cool! Thanks for the update. That really was a pretty sad story. I'm glad things are working out better now. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your story.
 
thegosis,

Hi, I just wanted to give you a cyber hug. (((((((((((((((((((((thegosis)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad to see you're happier. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UPDATE:

Just wanted to share with you all who's read this post... I am now out of my residency, and I have moved to the West Coast, finally out of school at last. Reading my earlier posts brings back some bad memories. But I felt really touched by so many posts from concerned, well-meaning strangers on SDN. Thank you everyone for your help and support!

It feels great to be alive now. I am finally making money doing what I have been trained for, I got a new girlfriend who seems to be totally cool with my past, and lastly, I don't have any more exams/tests to worry about! Oh, yes, and I drive a Prius!!!
 
UPDATE:

Just wanted to share with you all who's read this post... I am now out of my residency, and I have moved to the West Coast, finally out of school at last. Reading my earlier posts brings back some bad memories. But I felt really touched by so many posts from concerned, well-meaning strangers on SDN. Thank you everyone for your help and support!

It feels great to be alive now. I am finally making money doing what I have been trained for, I got a new girlfriend who seems to be totally cool with my past, and lastly, I don't have any more exams/tests to worry about! Oh, yes, and I drive a Prius!!!


you may or may not realize how utterly and completely fortunate you are to have kicked that bad relationship to the curb BEFORE you started making money.
 
UPDATE:

Just wanted to share with you all who's read this post... I am now out of my residency, and I have moved to the West Coast, finally out of school at last. Reading my earlier posts brings back some bad memories. But I felt really touched by so many posts from concerned, well-meaning strangers on SDN. Thank you everyone for your help and support!

It feels great to be alive now. I am finally making money doing what I have been trained for, I got a new girlfriend who seems to be totally cool with my past, and lastly, I don't have any more exams/tests to worry about! Oh, yes, and I drive a Prius!!!

Wow, this thread is pretty amazing. I'm glad your life is going great!