Breaking down mentally....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akakakakak

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
just taking a second to vent - Jesus Christ...this is freaking difficult - I don't understand how people are able to cram all this in - I watchedChad's Gen Chem like 6 times and am only at an 18 in that section...how the heck am I going to do this for Bio which has so much...or Ochem with these billion and 1 reactions....and as an extra bonus, by the time I am done studying one thing I have forgotten what I learned previously...sigh..argh.meow

Members don't see this ad.

just taking a second to vent - Jesus Christ...this is freaking difficult - I don't understand how people are able to cram all this in - I watchedChad's Gen Chem like 6 times and am only at an 18 in that section...how the heck am I going to do this for Bio which has so much...or Ochem with these billion and 1 reactions....and as an extra bonus, by the time I am done studying one thing I have forgotten what I learned previously...sigh..argh.meow
Slow and steady. Practice problems are where you truly learn!

Keep at it. Use destroyer to reinforce! The more I do destroyer the better I feel not even kidding! I guess all my studying has paid off because my accuracy on destroyer has made leaps and bounds. From 40-50% to 65-70% and now ~75-80%.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going through the same thing

I'm on the same boat. Finding the time to study for the DAT while taking a full course load is a challenge, but we still have 2 months. A lot can happen in that time!

How many from each subject would you suggest

focus on the areas you are weakest in...i.e if you're good with RC then leave that for now and focus on chem and bio. Make sure you understand the concepts well and if you forget them rewatch them. Also make you sure you make your own notes/diagrams as you watch Chads. That was it is easy to go back and look at your own notes if you forget. I did about 2 hrs of chem then an hour of bio every day. Bio is mostly memorization, chem you have to really understand.

Keep at it. Use destroyer to reinforce! The more I do destroyer the better I feel not even kidding! I guess all my studying has paid off because my accuracy on destroyer has made leaps and bounds. From 40-50% to 65-70% and now ~75-80%.
I watched Chad's videos twice before I tackled Destroyer. I couldn't even do the first page! I didn't know ANYTHING. How did you improve? I can't practice what I don't know conceptually, if that makes sense. I'm watching Chad's a third time now, but I'm so intimidated about going to Destroyer again.

I don't know I just got the hang of it after watching Chad's. I mean the first thing I did was look over my old lecture notes and just pulled otu all the rxns and rewrote them. Then i tried some problems and I was still meh. Every time I do practice exams, I write down every rxn I get wrong or write down an explanation for the conceptual stuff I get wrong. It really adds up after a while. After I did that and was stuck around an 18-20 in practice, I watched Chad's, took notes, and did the quizzes. This is only recently but my last 3 orgo practices have been 22 28 28. I'm doing fairly well in practice and hope this carries over to the real DAT! Orgo is definitely about constant exposure to the material and rxns. IR is just memorization as is some of HNMR with the ppm and stuff.